Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Xavier 247/Rick Broering Site

Coming over here because I can't stand that overpriced site that is nothing more than a boys club. I have been on that site since Brian Snow runs it. I posted that I didn't think Xavier would beat Duke and that was because Xaviers defense has been abysmal. I was personally attacked from multiple people and Broering bans me from posting. The guy caters to others on that site who can do no wrong and many of them are on this site as well. Just wanted to make it known that I'm around and not going away despite Broering running a dictatorship and echo chamber that ponders to a few chosen posters whom he allows to personnally attack others and nothing is done.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiePimp23 View Post
    Coming over here because I can't stand that overpriced site that is nothing more than a boys club. I have been on that site since Brian Snow runs it. I posted that I didn't think Xavier would beat Duke and that was because Xaviers defense has been abysmal. I was personally attacked from multiple people and Broering bans me from posting. The guy caters to others on that site who can do no wrong and many of them are on this site as well. Just wanted to make it known that I'm around and not going away despite Broering running a dictatorship and echo chamber that ponders to a few chosen posters whom he allows to personnally attack others and nothing is done.
    Welcome to the club. I posted XU's best coach was Thad Matta and I was permanently banned . I thank the X friend Mr. Neutral as he often took it as a compliment. You would think the business of owning and moderating a site would give reason or cause. ehhh?

I joined for about a year and was never a big fan. That was in the Snow era, though, and I had a hard time getting past what a hilariously terrible writer he was. The only real plus was the recruiting coverage, but all that obviously comes out if you wait long enough, so I didn't see any value in it. The messageboard was pretty weird, too.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Welcome to the club. I posted XU's best coach was Thad Matta and I was permanently banned . I thank the X friend Mr. Neutral as he often took it as a compliment. You would think the business of owning and moderating a site would give reason or cause. ehhh?
    I like that site when I have my blue colored glasses on. Other than that it’s a bunch of guys who think X will go undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    You would think yes. Whenever I post an opinion that upsets the protected ones there, they are allowed to gang up on me with personal attacks and then I get banned. I never hit below the belt and attack anyone personally. It's ridiculous and I like sites that don't ban the ones getting personally attacked just for having an opinion. My opinion was spot on as well. I said X would not win today unless they significantly improved their defense. Defense didn't improve and Dukes defense overwhelmed X's offense with their athleticism . It's reality the way I see it.

It's something I never complain about but he has sales to attract new subscribers while long time subscribers like me get absolutely no discount so it is a slap in the face to have your opinion censored.

I agree Snows writing wasn't the greatest but his recruiting info and sources were top notch. Also, agree that if you wait long enough most of the info will come out on free boards.
    Last edited by MuskiePimp23; 11-25-2022 at 07:02 PM.

Junior
    The site was excellent at the end of last year during rumors of Steele being let go to the hiring of Sean. I prefer general discussion here but for breaking news it’s pretty good.

The reason you got banned was because you had about 6-8 posts saying how Duke was going to beat X. It got a little repetitive. And obnoxious. And now you come over here to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    The reason you got banned was because you had about 6-8 posts saying how Duke was going to beat X. It got a little repetitive. And obnoxious. And now you come over here to complain.
    I had people personally attacking me for an opinion and I replied to the trolls. No action was taken against the ones who verbally attacked me. Also no warning was given.
    Against personal insults for an opinion. Thats flat out wrong.

What is annoying is people calling for someone to "shut up" and calling them a "dumba$$" and nothing happens to those people and the person who simply stated an opinion that turned out to be 100% correct gets banned.
    Last edited by MuskiePimp23; 11-25-2022 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiePimp23 View Post
    I had people personally attacking me for an opinion and I replied to the trolls. No action was taken against the ones who verbally attacked me. Also no warning was given.
    Against personal insults for an opinion. Thats flat out wrong.

What is annoying is people calling for someone to "shut up" and calling them a "dumba$$" and nothing happens to those people and the person who simply stated an opinion that turned out to be 100% correct gets banned.
    The problem is that you posted over and over and over again that X was gonna lose. And multiple people got tired of it and called you out. Now you’re on a different board and have started an entire thread so you can complain about this perceived injustice.

Junior
    Sounds like you just gotta calm down. Sheesh, just talking Xavier basketball. Don’t get stressed about it