Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Geez, what a dbag.
    He's not good and could care less about Xavier basketball

Quote Originally Posted by xavbball View Post
    I thought you were joking about Rick's tweet. That is really unprofessional.

Wow. If this is real, it’s a very juvenile move.

Not exactly the smartest way to gain more members.

“Hey, here’s a brilliant promotional idea. I’ll ban a person who’s been a loyal paying member on my site for years, then bash him by calling him the worst X poster in history. Then I’ll disrespect that loyal, paying member even more by offering a 75% discount to celebrate that loyal, paying customer has been banned from my site!” That ought to get X fans to jump at a chance become another loyal, paying member of my site.”

I really the site and all the info that Rick gives. Not sure if everyone knows, but as a member benefit, you get Paramount+ for free. That's almost worth it by itself.

PS- Don't tell me that this forum doesn't have its cliques and unbearable posters.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by xavbball View Post
    I thought you were joking about Rick's tweet. That is really unprofessional.

Seems very catty and childlike. Maybe Rick really is 12-13 years old.

People can think whatever they want about the guy, and I have never been a fan of his condescending retorts. But I am not 100% sure Rick Broering controls the 247 Twitter account.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

I just joined 247 in March around the Miller hype. I do not foresee renewing my subscription. I'm not a big follower of recruiting, and Rick doesn't offer much in the way of breaking news that isn't available elsewhere, nor is he a particularly insightful hoops analyst.

As for MuskiePimp, he's far from one of the worst posters in Xavier history. On the Xavier-Duke thread he sounded a lot like LH, but I haven't seen that consistently and am curious why he was banned.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    I just joined 247 in March around the Miller hype. I do not foresee renewing my subscription. I'm not a big follower of recruiting, and Rick doesn't offer much in the way of breaking news that isn't available elsewhere, nor is he a particularly insightful hoops analyst.

As for MuskiePimp, he's far from one of the worst posters in Xavier history. On the Xavier-Duke thread he sounded a lot like LH, but I haven't seen that consistently and am curious why he was banned.
    Yeah, if anyone has the worst posters in Xavier message board history its us over here! Who the hell do they think they are over there?

Out of curiosity, just from a message board standpoint, is there more activity there or here?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah, if anyone has the worst posters in Xavier message board history its us over here! Who the hell do they think they are over there?

Out of curiosity, just from a message board standpoint, is there more activity there or here?
    I believe posters here on xavierhoops.com provide a tad more depth. on 247, it's a lot of "Ra Ra Ra!" or "Great job Rick!"

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

It honestly depends on the day and what's going on. The highest traffic day in this site's history was when Sean left for Arizona. The Second was Mack to Louisville. Other high days include around the times of the Elite 8 Wins. It ebbs and flows.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    It honestly depends on the day and what's going on. The highest traffic day in this site's history was when Sean left for Arizona. The Second was Mack to Louisville. Other high days include around the times of the Elite 8 Wins. It ebbs and flows.
    Oh yeah, I'll never forget that day. I was still in school. I'll never forget being in a med school breakout room at SLU, supposed to be studying for something, but instead spending hours upon hours on this board.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17