Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I don’t really go over there during season but it was a good spot for transfer situations and guys we are looking at in the off-season. Slightly more info.

Of course, usually about 12-24 hours later it finds its way here.
    I'm a member over there and Rick is very average, A lot of fans just kiss his ass and tell him how great he is. He's also very sensitive which is kind of weird for the business he's in but whatever.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by xuwillie View Post
    I'm a member over there and Rick is very average, A lot of fans just kiss his ass and tell him how great he is. He's also very sensitive which is kind of weird for the business he's in but whatever.
    Its a good site he always has some good information
    Last edited by XUBoston; 02-16-2024 at 06:48 PM.

Junior
    The other board (247) is in full on panic mode that Sean is leaving in spring- even if it’s not OSU. It’s bizarre, but the last 6 years probably brings out the pessimism. (Outside of the blip of Sean’s first year last year, it’s been a bumpy ride)

Supporting Member
    The other board (247) is in full on panic mode that Sean is leaving in spring- even if it’s not OSU. It’s bizarre, but the last 6 years probably brings out the pessimism. (Outside of the blip of Sean’s first year last year, it’s been a bumpy ride)
    I don’t pay for his nonsense but I’m guessing he’s probably stirring the pot over there to get people to sign up. Miller isn’t going anywhere

Junior
    That’s exactly what he’s doing. It was a vague with no real information post that leaned towards pessimism about Sean’s future. Rolling into a weekend where X doesn’t play. Just driving up views, which I suppose is his job.

Supporting Member
    That’s exactly what he’s doing. It was a vague with no real information post that leaned towards pessimism about Sean’s future. Rolling into a weekend where X doesn’t play. Just driving up views, which I suppose is his job.
    Yeah shocking. I don’t get the sense he is very well sourced at all and I also don’t get the sense he is exactly ra ra Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yeah shocking. I don’t get the sense he is very well sourced at all and I also don’t get the sense he is exactly ra ra Xavier.
    He is actually really well sourced.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    He is actually really well sourced.
    Outside of x and nku? I doubt it. Which is fine for most things, but for a coaching search, going to need more than that.

Outside of x and nku? I doubt it. Which is fine for most things, but for a coaching search, going to need more than that.
    He has connections throughout the college basketball landscape. Believe what you would like.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Sophomore
    I don’t get the sense he is very well sourced at all and I also don’t get the sense he is exactly ra ra Xavier.
    I'm not a big fan of his for several reasons, but he is VERY well connected locally and throughout College Hoops. I think your latter point is spot-on, he isn't a big Xavier guy by any means, and that occasionally creeps in. I don't think that is a problem for what he does, in fact I often find it endearing that he isn't an over-the-top homer (Xavier has enough of those, believe me) and provides a more neutral take.

I look at his peer at UC, Chad Brendel, and while it is fun that he is the biggest UC Homer on Earth, he lacks any and all objectivity around the Bearcats, so I'm not sure you want that either.