Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    I would like to see a couple of things corrected, and hopefully Miller will do so.
    1 - basic box out under the rim
    2 - reduce TO's from lazy passes
    3 - if you are a little player (relatively speaking) and you drive into the lane, and 3 bigger players collapse on you....somewhere in the building there are a couple of your teammates that are open; or, hopefully, cutting to the basket. Maybe pass it instead of losing it.

Duke blocked 4 shots; we blocked zero. TO's were 15 to 11.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    If Kunkel doesn't get hurt, there is a decent chance we win. When he went out Boum was being doubled because he was the only legit threat. Kunk could have spread the floor and maybe he and Boum drop a couple timely 3s. It was terrible luck that he got hurt with 4 minutes left. That's pretty much when the game was ended.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    If Kunkel doesn't get hurt, there is a decent chance we win. When he went out Boum was being doubled because he was the only legit threat. Kunk could have spread the floor and maybe he and Boum drop a couple timely 3s. It was terrible luck that he got hurt with 4 minutes left. That's pretty much when the game was ended.
    I was in and out watching. What do we know about the injury?

Sophomore
    Boum has looked like an absolute stud the past two games. He was a great pickup Via the Portal. Seems like X had some careless turnovers. Also, seems like X is giving up a lot of offensive rebounds. Hoping we can develop a little bit of a bench because I am worried about Jack wearing down. I think this is a tournament team. Not sure what the ceiling is, but I am excited because of Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Boum has looked like an absolute stud the past two games. He was a great pickup Via the Portal. Seems like X had some careless turnovers. Also, seems like X is giving up a lot of offensive rebounds. Hoping we can develop a little bit of a bench because I am worried about Jack wearing down. I think this is a tournament team. Not sure what the ceiling is, but I am excited because of Sean.
    Spot on IMHO. Defensive rebounding, the lack of, is a big problem for this team right now. Miles is starting to show some improvement, but is still far from being what X needs in the way of a quality front line player. Hopefully he keeps improving and becomes someone that can give Jack and Free some breaks. But hey, it’s still November and there is a lot of season left. I want this to be a team that keeps improving the whole season and is playing its best ball in February and March.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I would like to see a couple of things corrected, and hopefully Miller will do so.
    1 - basic box out under the rim
    2 - reduce TO's from lazy passes
    3 - if you are a little player (relatively speaking) and you drive into the lane, and 3 bigger players collapse on you....somewhere in the building there are a couple of your teammates that are open; or, hopefully, cutting to the basket. Maybe pass it instead of losing it.

Duke blocked 4 shots; we blocked zero. TO's were 15 to 11.
    Agree 100%.

And I hope we get healthy and stay healthy soon.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    I hate talking bad about nunge because x would be royally effed without him, but he was a big liability today and essentially cost x the game. How does a 6’10 guy get stuffed by the rim and miss so many point blank shots? Is it just fatigue or what is his deal? He got worked over against Indiana and played soft today.

Junior
    I agree. He is important for X, he has shown he is much better (offensively). For whatever reason he looks exhausted by the under 12 media time out in the first half. I don’t remember him being this poor offensively, so I think he will turn it around.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I was in and out watching. What do we know about the injury?
    Concussion, will not play Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by JEHARDI View Post
    Concussion, will not play Sunday.
    Will be a good game to see maybe Craft get some extended run and let him get comfortable. Doesn’t look like Sean trusts him yet. Claude continues to get comfortable it looks like.