Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread: Xavier v Duke (11/25/2022)

VS.

THE MATCHUP

RV/RV XAVIER UNIVERSITY MUSKETEERS (4-1, 0-0 BIG EAST)
    NO. 8/10 DUKE UNIVERSITY BLUE DEVILS (5-1, O-0 ACC)
    FRIDAY, NOV. 25, 2022 AT 12:30 P.M. PST (3:30 P.M. ET)
    AT MODA CENTER IN PORTLAND, OREGON

TV, RADIO & LIVE STATS

Television: ESPN with play by-play from Doug Sherman and analysis from Cory Alexander. Brooke Weisbrod is the sideline reporter.
    Radio: 55KRC with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer Joe Sunderman ('79) and analysis from XU all-time leading scorer and Hall of Famer Byron Larkin ('88).

Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com and fan stats at GoXavier.com.
    Last edited by paulxu; 11-25-2022 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Information Update
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

All-Conference
    Yes. Sir.

Great test for this team against a beatable Duke team. Filipkowski will be a tough guard, but I feel like our balance will be tough for Duke to guard. Really looking forward to this game, and a chance for this team to truly take the next step. I won't be disappointed if we lose, but I feel this game is there for the taking.

Florida game we had 5 guys in double figures. Looking forward to this one.

Same broadcasters as yesterday. But...they added a sideline reporter who played for St Ursula, and then came to Coastal Carolina for her college career.
    She's called BE games before. Maybe she should call this one.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Our frontcourt needs to rebound aggressively and grab the damn ball today. No TJD repeat. Get this shit done and bring on mustache ride boy

X +4.5

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Yes. Sir.

Great test for this team against a beatable Duke team. Filipkowski will be a tough guard, but I feel like our balance will be tough for Duke to guard. Really looking forward to this game, and a chance for this team to truly take the next step. I won't be disappointed if we lose, but I feel this game is there for the taking.

Florida game we had 5 guys in double figures. Looking forward to this one.
    The balanced scoring is a strength which can be viewed as a potential weakness since only six guys had significant minutes. Our bench must do more today. We cannot keep winning relying on the same starting five. Nunge lacks the stamina to play the no. of minutes he is being asked to play. You can see that late in the last couple of games when his footwork and free throw shooting deteriorated. I would love to see Miles rise to the occasion but that may simply not be possible.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    The balanced scoring is a strength which can be viewed as a potential weakness since only six guys had significant minutes. Our bench must do more today. We cannot keep winning relying on the same starting five. Nunge lacks the stamina to play the no. of minutes he is being asked to play. You can see that late in the last couple of games when his footwork and free throw shooting deteriorated. I would love to see Miles rise to the occasion but that may simply not be possible.
    I think Colby and Free are capable of playing 35+ night in and night out unless they get in foul trouble. Boum rarely tires as well. I do agree with you on Nunge, but I don't think him playing 30 minutes a game is that concerning. We really only need 2-3 more minutes out of another big man to spell Nung.

Nunge played 32 minutes yesterday - get that to 28-30.

Any word or reasonably acceptable rumors regarding the status of Colby's ankle? He appeared to tweek it a little versus Florida, but he kept going. Obviously, we need him as close to playing at 100% as possible.
    X A V I E R

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Here we go! Let's Ride!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Free can't guard that 7 footer.