Women's ball 22-23

Nice start to the season so far...
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Supporting Member
    They aren’t facing the toughest competition but the women have started their season at 5-0. First real test Friday at home against a ranked creighton team. Should be a good litmus test for where they are at.

Conference play starting already for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Conference play starting already for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Their schedule is odd. Creighton, then SIU Edwardsville, then 2 big east games, then uc, eastern Michigan, and Memphis

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    It does help that Xavier has had two players win the Freshman of the Week so far in the Big East, but Friday will be the test of just how far they've progressed. Old Dominion was supposed to finish 2nd in the Sun Belt and Xavier beat them decisively on Saturday.

I just want to see improvement honestly. Just show me that the team can get better by the end of the year and maybe we can start to believe again. Wait...this sounds familiar....

Freshman
    Butler came into Cintas this afternoon and left with its first Big East win in 667 days (March 1, 2021), 79-65. The Bulldogs led 22-10 after the first quarter thanks to a 19-0 run and the outcome was never really in doubt after that. Congrats to Butler, 1-27 a year ago, for ending its long league losing streak. It's worth noting that Fernanda Ovalle, who is Xavier's third-leading scorer and had started all 12 previous games, didn't play today.

Xavier falls to 0-4 in Big East play. X also had a 74-52 loss at Georgetown a few weeks ago. GU and BU were picked to tie for 9th in the league, with Xavier picked 11th. The next two games (both at home) are against Villanova and UConn, both of whom are expected to be near the top of the league standings.

Coach Moore is now 8-44 in Big East play. With all due respect, the team's current state can no longer be blamed on Amy Waugh or Brian Neal. I'm not even sure how much blame the coaching staff deserves. At some point, you have to question the athletic director and whether this program is valued and properly resourced.
    Last edited by HomerCecil; 12-28-2022 at 02:23 PM.