Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 25 Polls

Supporting Member
    That NYE game could be awesome...could literally be #1 or #2 vs a ranked Xavier team if both teams take care of the business they should between now and then

Actually, after looking at the schedules of the teams above UCONN, I think the highest ranked they could get to would be #3 but still :)
    Last edited by Xville; 12-05-2022 at 02:56 PM.

Sophomore
    X's record vs teams that were ranked #1 when we played them.......UC (twice), Nova, and St. Joes were all wins. I'm thinking UMASS with Marcus Camby when they came to the Gardens may have been #1 at the time. I can't think of any others. Could we really be 4-1 against teams ranked #1? Where was Duke ranked for that beat down they administered in New Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    X's record vs teams that were ranked #1 when we played them.......UC (twice), Nova, and St. Joes were all wins. I'm thinking UMASS with Marcus Camby when they came to the Gardens may have been #1 at the time. I can't think of any others. Could we really be 4-1 against teams ranked #1? Where was Duke ranked for that beat down they administered in New Jersey?
    You are correct. I cannot think of any other #1 vs opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    They were not number 1.

But...what are you talking about?? Xavier has never played Duke in New Jersey!!! WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THAT X AND DUKE EVER PLAYED IN NEW JERSEY!!??
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

All-Conference
    We played Kansas really late one year (maybe in Alaska)? They killed us - if they weren't number 1, they had to have been close.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    we played kansas really late one year (maybe in alaska)? They killed us - if they weren't number, they had to have been close.
    They weren't #1, BUT THAT NEVER HAPPENED EITHER!!!

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    They weren't #1, BUT THAT NEVER HAPPENED EITHER!!!
    What didn't happen - the game?

Just looked it up - it was in Alaska in 1999 and they drubbed us 111-70. I said I wasn't sure if they were #1, but the game definitely happened unless I'm living in an alternate reality.
    Last edited by drudy23; 12-05-2022 at 03:28 PM.

What didn't happen - the game?
    Correct!!

The game against Duke in New Jersey and the blowout loss to Kansas in the semis of the (unfortunately former) Great Alaska Shootout NEVER HAPPENED!!!!

You people need to stop imagining these things!!!!

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Correct!!

The game against Duke in New Jersey and the blowout loss to Kansas in the semis of the (unfortunately former) Great Alaska Shootout NEVER HAPPENED!!!!

You people need to stop imagining these things!!!!
    I'm really confused...

Am I missing an inside joke?

I'm really confused...

Am I missing an inside joke?
    Someone will explain it to you.

Let's just say that I'M not the one in denial!!!