Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xavier Basketball Classic Games

There are a couple of Xavier Fans uploading a bunch of old Xavier games to YouTube at the channel below. Highly suggest you check it out!

https://twitter.com/KirbyHoops/statu...N06PACCTyY3pRA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeS...Cbdjg/featured

Quote Originally Posted by RetireFiftyTu View Post
    There are a couple of Xavier Fans uploading a bunch of old Xavier games to YouTube at the channel below. Highly suggest you check it out!

I've been watching games a ton of these old games. Just watched the 08' team destroy KSU and Auburn. Complete domination.

Watched the '84 X-OSU NIT game, '04 St. Joe's beat down.

This channel is a treasure trove of Xavier basketball!

Ok. I'll come partially clean here- but for a reason.
    I am part of the supply chain when it comes to getting these games posted. There are a few of us "archivists" that have recorded Xavier games over the last 35 year period, and we are happy to reproduce these and post them for public consumption on what is now an appropriate forum.
    But here is the reason I'm coming clean. I'm putting it out there that there are a few, as my colleague calls them, "Unicorn" games that none of us can seem to uncover. if anyone out there has a line, or possibly has a copy of these games, it will help to fill the gaps.
    Here is a partial list for now:
    -2010 Atlantic 10 Tournament game vs Dayton
    -2012 Atlantic 10 Tournament game vs St. Louis
    -1986 MCC Tournament Final vs St. Louis at Market Square Arena
    -1988 Pre Season NIT game vs Louisville at Riverfront Coliseum
    -2004 Atlantic 10 Tournament game vs St. Bonaventure
    -2004 Atlantic 10 Tournament game vs George Washington
    -1999 NIT Tournament game vs Princeton
    -2008 Virginia game at Cintas
    -2013 game vs St. Louis at Cintas (where Brad Redford blocked a shot by Jordaire Jett for his only career block)
    -2006 A10 Tournament Xavier games, other than the St. Joe's Championship game

Not really expecting to uncover those, but you never know. Some may have only been televised through the :"A10 Network" of stations like SNY, MASN, NESN, or Fox Sports Midwest and some may have not been televised at all, except in Cincinnati where us out of towners couldn't access.

Anyway, thanks for the help!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RetireFiftyTu View Post

Watched the ND tourney game in 2012. I was yelling at the TV at bad calls. I have a problem.

Damn do I miss Tu.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Ok. I'll come partially clean here- but for a reason.
    I am part of the supply chain when it comes to getting these games posted. There are a few of us "archivists" that have recorded Xavier games over the last 35 year period, and we are happy to reproduce these and post them for public consumption on what is now an appropriate forum.
    But here is the reason I'm coming clean. I'm putting it out there that there are a few, as my colleague calls them, "Unicorn" games that none of us can seem to uncover. if anyone out there has a line, or possibly has a copy of these games, it will help to fill the gaps.
    Here is a partial list for now:
    -2010 Atlantic 10 Tournament game vs Dayton
    -2012 Atlantic 10 Tournament game vs St. Louis
    -1986 MCC Tournament Final vs St. Louis at Market Square Arena
    -1988 Pre Season NIT game vs Louisville at Riverfront Coliseum
    -2004 Atlantic 10 Tournament game vs St. Bonaventure
    -2004 Atlantic 10 Tournament game vs George Washington
    -1999 NIT Tournament game vs Princeton
    -2008 Virginia game at Cintas
    -2013 game vs St. Louis at Cintas (where Brad Redford blocked a shot by Jordaire Jett for his only career block)
    -2006 A10 Tournament Xavier games, other than the St. Joe's Championship game

Not really expecting to uncover those, but you never know. Some may have only been televised through the :"A10 Network" of stations like SNY, MASN, NESN, or Fox Sports Midwest and some may have not been televised at all, except in Cincinnati where us out of towners couldn't access.

Anyway, thanks for the help!
    I sent a trove of Xavier DVDs to WVMuskie420 at one point - one of those games was the Virginia beatdown from 08. The Dave Leitao era was night and day different to what they've enjoyed under Tony Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I sent a trove of Xavier DVDs to WVMuskie420 at one point - one of those games was the Virginia beatdown from 08. The Dave Leitao era was night and day different to what they've enjoyed under Tony Bennett.
    Band do you have his info where I can contact him? Send me a private message. Thanks!!

Yea I noticed the difference in 2009 when Bennett took over. That year we played in Charlottesville and still came away with a win.

Think it was a 12 point victory and BJ went off for 22? My wonderful UD wife actually bought me tickets for Christmas. Man is that a beautiful campus!

And DePaul was stupid enough to hire Leitao back!!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Band do you have his info where I can contact him? Send me a private message. Thanks!!
    I don't have that information anymore - that might have disappeared when a number of messages got purged on the board years ago. You should be able to click on his profile pic and hope he responds.

There are not enough private and public reps to fully articulate my appreciation. Thank you so much!! Just hope the copyright gestapo doesn't interfere.

Stayed up late last night watching XU/Miss St 2004, XU/Lville 2004, XU/St Joes A10 Final 2005 (forgot how much of a comeback barn burner that was). Wife probably thought I was on the hub.

I always wondered why the NCAA or individual schools don't offer a streaming service where all past games get uploaded. There has to be a way to monetize them. Throw in some commercials if you have to. Instead, they just sit in storage or on a hard drive somewhere.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg