Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Posts
    157

    The Big 12 is ABOUT to get better!!

    Gonzaga is talks with the BIG 12 to join their conference! This "get" is a huge one for the Big 12, IF it happens! UC would finally be playing in a relevant conference!

  2. #2
    When you teams like Kansas, Houston, Oklahoma State, Baylor, and the like in your conference, you’re already playing in a “relevant” conference. Gonzaga would only add to it, not make it one.

    Also….are you saying that the old Big East wasn’t “relevant”? C”mom man. I get the angst against UC by many here, and it’s fun. But seriously, THAT was one hell of a BB conference.

  3. #3
    Supporting Member xubrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    When you teams like Kansas, Houston, Oklahoma State, Baylor, and the like in your conference, you’re already playing in a “relevant” conference. Gonzaga would only add to it, not make it one.

    Also….are you saying that the old Big East wasn’t “relevant”? C”mom man. I get the angst against UC by many here, and it’s fun. But seriously, THAT was one hell of a BB conference.
    Don't forget Houston. They've been to a Final Four and Elite Eight in the last two years, and are starting off ranked #3rd with a recruiting class that is almost indescribably good.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

  4. #4
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    15,594
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Don't forget Houston. They've been to a Final Four and Elite Eight in the last two years, and are starting off ranked #3rd with a recruiting class that is almost indescribably good.
    Houston is the second school he listed.

    Would much prefer the zags to the BE, but regardless would be nice to see them in a competitive conference.
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

  5. #5
    I still believe. muskiefan82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Houston is the second school he listed.

    Would much prefer the zags to the BE, but regardless would be nice to see them in a competitive conference.
    Better travel wise for the Zags. Makes total sense if I am a Zags fan. Except that you won't be seeing the Zags with only one or two losses in a season anymore....
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

  6. #6
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    21,602
    Do I care?

    Zilch.

    Welcome to a League where you "might" actually have to bring it every night. No more easy passes Zags.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

  7. #7
    Supporting Member xubrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Houston is the second school he listed.

    Would much prefer the zags to the BE, but regardless would be nice to see them in a competitive conference.
    I need more coffee and less cough medicine
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

  8. #8
    Supporting Member bjf123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Section 105
    Posts
    4,784
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Better travel wise for the Zags. Makes total sense if I am a Zags fan. Except that you won't be seeing the Zags with only one or two losses in a season anymore....
    Works for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

  9. #9
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    32,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Do I care?

    Zilch.

    Welcome to a League where you "might" actually have to bring it every night. No more easy passes Zags.
    Gonzaga plays in a bad league and STILL plays a tougher schedule than just about everyone. OK, they had the 94th ranked schedule last year, but they still play a lot of great teams.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 11-03-2022 at 12:50 PM.

  10. #10
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    21,602
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Gonzaga plays in a bad league and STILL plays a tougher schedule than just about everyone. OK, they had the 94th ranked schedule last year, but they still play a lot of great teams.
    Gonzaga plays tough games early when teams are trying to figure it out (See Steele vs Ohio State 2021) then when teams hit their prime they play a cupcake League with little chance of upset. Going to Kansas State on a Monday in February is a bit tougher than going to Portland or UC Santa whatever.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •