Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior
    If Xavier could get away with it, I’d be thrilled to have those coaches and the success they have. Granted if Sean wasn’t hired I was all for bringing in Pitino if he’d guarantee 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I'd bet the BE assistants who commented were from Butler. The choir boys of college basketball.
    So much class, though.

Butler fans just awarded themselves the classiest program in the Big East for the 10th consecutive year. This streak may never be broken.

So much class
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I'd bet the BE assistants who commented were from Butler. The choir boys of college basketball.
    Funny. That was my first thought on this as well. Huckleberry Central.
    X A V I E R

Book is a bitch.

Hmm.
    Last edited by IM4X; 11-07-2022 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    If Xavier could get away with it, I’d be thrilled to have those coaches and the success they have. Granted if Sean wasn’t hired I was all for bringing in Pitino if he’d guarantee 6 years.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Agree.
    You guys should give your diploma back.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    It was just a matter of time before we started seeing articles questioning X for hiring Sean.

I was a little surprised that several BE assistants (even if remaining anonymous) chose to comment.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/18/sean-m...immediate=true
    I think we'll start to see a few of these articles, but I'm also starting to realize that they won't cause the tidal waves that I initially thought they would. Just some mere ripples. No one cares. No one really thinks or feels any differently today than they did last week before the article came out. Xavier fans probably care, and maybe a few others, but no one else really does. Not saying that's good, bad, both, or neither. I'm just saying that for most of college basketball fandom, the water has now gone under the bridge.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    Book is a bitch.
    Yep, thank you. Took the words out of my mouth.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I think we'll start to see a few of these articles, but I'm also starting to realize that they won't cause the tidal waves that I initially thought they would. Just some mere ripples. No one cares. No one really thinks or feels any differently today than they did last week before the article came out. Xavier fans probably care, and maybe a few others, but no one else really does. Not saying that's good, bad, both, or neither. I'm just saying that for most of college basketball fandom, the water has now gone under the bridge.
    I agree.

It doesn’t really seem like most fans care so much anymore - especially now with NIL in play. I would imagine sports writers will stop once they realize they learn college bb fans feel it’s a non-issue at this point.

The thing I find more interesting is the one BE assistant coach who said he and his entire office (which sure sounds like the head coach at that school too) can’t believe he has a job and the other assistant saying that X hiring shows “winning trumps all.” It’s going to be interesting to watch the post game handshaking come conference time. Since they remained anonymous, it just means we’re going to have to kick every BE team’s ass on the court.