Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Cronkite was a commie
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Why was the lead story on the news that Steven Colbert's cat died and he cried about it on the air?

Hard hitting!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Man, Cuomo on News Nation is now MUST SEE at 8.

Tonight's interview with "the Green Prince" was a full and profound reality check. Hamas using women/children/elderly as human shields is at the TOP of Hamas war strategy. Using global sympathy for premeditated and INTENTIONAL civilian casualties is the most effective (and only) weapon these cowards have.

Watch Cuomo.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Man, News Nation is absolutely the best thing going......BY FAR, but this fixation on Kate Middleton tonight is completely over the top.

We have thousands of terrorists and humanity killing amounts of illegal drugs that have been given the green light at our southern border. Relentlessly pound the absurdity of the "Fundamentally Transform America" O'Biden agenda....and continue to just build some reality for everyone.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-22-2024 at 10:33 PM.

Maybe Mike Johnson will bring up the republican bill before MTG kicks him out..
    2023 Sweet 16

Most illegal drugs enter through regular entry ports.
    And I'm curious about the "thousands" of terrorists? Statistics show immigrants have lesser crime incidents than native born Americans.

Bobbie's on to something. The Republican bill that Trump had his followers kill, provided lots of help for the southern border, as well as Ukraine.
    The Border Patrol supported it, as it added equipment to detect illegal drugs, more money for processing asylum seekers, additional agents, etc.

If you really cared about the border crisis, why would you kill that bill? Just to get some political advantage and let you go on and on about the crisis?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    It'll be hard to vacate the chair when the House is now on a 2-week recess.

That said, I'm sure that one of the things that Johnson agreed to in private was for Democrats to back him up when the motion to vacate inevitably comes up. They were happy to let Kevin McCarthy twist in the wind. The Greenes and Gaetzs of the world were hoping for a shutdown that responsible lawmakers simply weren't going to tolerate.

What is a shame is that responsible Republicans like Ken Buck and Brad Wenstrup are retiring while more MAGA Republicans are getting nominated in safe Republican districts.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Most illegal drugs enter through regular entry ports.
    And I'm curious about the "thousands" of terrorists? Statistics show immigrants have lesser crime incidents than native born Americans.

Bobbie's on to something. The Republican bill that Trump had his followers kill, provided lots of help for the southern border, as well as Ukraine.
    The Border Patrol supported it, as it added equipment to detect illegal drugs, more money for processing asylum seekers, additional agents, etc.

If you really cared about the border crisis, why would you kill that bill? Just to get some political advantage and let you go on and on about the crisis?
    I don’t follow this as closely as I should, but was that the bill that said up to 5,000 illegals per day was acceptable? I have no trouble with not agreeing to that. My personal preference would be that if you enter illegally, you’re deported. Come in legally through a port of entry and you’re good to go. How many millions have entered since Biden opened the border? That’s not sustainable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Obviously. There is no way to know the intentions of these millions of illegals, because the vetting process appears to be nonexistent. You have to assume that there are "bad guys" with strong desire to do bad things to America or to operate criminal enterprises. These type folks are in no short supply globally and are going to take FULL advantage.

That said, to pass legislation that allows this Administration to LEGALLY continue this nasty invasion at 5K a month, is totally unacceptable to some people.

It was a Republican authored, bi-partisan bill. It didn't "allow" 5,000 "illegals" to enter the country every day.
    It had a provision to stop asylum seekers who didn't cross at ports of entry, who would normally be allowed to seek it, if the numbers were too large.
    More importantly, it funded things that would have eased the crisis as noted earlier.

Of course Trump wanted the political points and Moses led the sheep to do his bidding. Not helpful.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.