Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I did, but the reality of 30 TRILLION+ debt and the progressive movement running rampant, doesn't give me a warm cozy feeling.
    So you're just looking for articles that fit your narrative, got it.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    ding ding ding. I'm starting to think lou and xup are the same person. Lou has been gone for a while....suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    No, I just am thinking 30+ TRILLION in debt can not be good for the USD Globally. I struggle to grasp what number does it take to collapse the USD? 40T, 50T?

These unfathomable numbers are simply highly unstable digital currency with no backing other than the USA status as the world's greatest economic power. Unfortunately, that is rapidly changing, because America is firmly committed to the "New Green Deal", while the world's most flagrant polluters thumb the nose and LAUGH!

Google the history of the collapse of the German Mark in early 20th century.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 09-21-2022 at 02:42 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Well it's definitely not a supper table issue at all, but it's pretty simple. I happened catch a discussion on the radio about the subject....total doom and gloom. It peaked my curiosity, so I used the Google machine and typed in "US dollar in decline". Poof, all kinds of stuff popped up. There is no question that a lot of folks reputable enough to get articles published fear the direction the USD is heading.....I just tend to see it mostly like they do. Going from the USD accounting for 70% of global economy spending to 59% tends to back it up.

Basically, common sense says that the out of control government spending this century, that now has the Federal Debt over 30 TRILLION and rising, tells me the USD is being de-valued.....no question. At what number of debt, coupled with the USDT "printing money", does the USD collapse?

As far as the "trading in other currencies" question. Elect fiscally responsible politicians to hopefully reverse, or at least not continue, the above. Also, apparently, some experts believe that our penchant to recklessly "weaponize the USD" thru sanctions could be drawn back somewhat.
    Who is they and what source are you referring to, because the ones you offered are not reputable. A broken english opinion commentary, and an opinion piece from someone whose expertise on the economy is being a journalist...a british one at that, speaking to the dollar is not reputable. I say that because his opinion is filled with a bunch of ifs and buts and not actual facts. It's fear mongering...something that politicans do to win elections, and something that conservative and liberal news outlets do to get clicks.

I'll take the insight from Schwab and GS, and leave the fear mongering
    Last edited by Xville; 09-21-2022 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    ding ding ding. I'm starting to think lou and xup are the same person. Lou has been gone for a while....suspicious.
    Quit clowning around 'Ville. I have made my view very clear. Lou is a hardcore Trumpist, I, on the other hand, want him to NOT seek the '24 nomination and back ANY candidate that can continue his America First policies.

Here is what I call my "NASTY 5" issues with Biden and the radical progressive movement that is building on Obama's "Fundamentally Transform America" agenda.

#1- ALL TIME record of ILLEGAL border crossings.....8K per DAY.....No way to afford this. AND the Administration's new talking point solution, is to quickly fashion legislation for a path to CITIZENSHIP!

#2, Close 2nd- The appalling Nation wide increase in VIOLENT CRIME in big Dem run cities. The Anti-Law Enforcement shackles, from demoralized cops, to drastically dangerous sentencing guidelines and ridiculous "NO BOND" policies.

#3- The progressive "Green New Deal" Wacko's, that seriously believe our economy can run on Wind and Solar! All the while the world's biggest polluters are laughing and laughing and laughing at how stupidly we are.

#4- This trend of no confidence in our ELECTIONS. Every single eligible American Voter should be issued an official Voter ID, FREE if necessary. This horse shit about it hurting the poor's ability to access their voting rights is comical. You have to show ID in a wide range of adult activity....but not when it comes to one of our most important Constitutional rights?

#5- We are rapidly losing the hearts and minds of our elementary aged children. Obama surely embraces the teaching of CRT and White Privilege, systematic racism and the fomenting of White guilt. Not to mention the progressive insistence on gender "pronouns" and the twisted sexualization of our youngest students in public schools.

How does any rational American vote for this poison? How?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I have always wondered if coaches (ex. Miller, Mack, Steele) or current/former basketball players have created accounts on here to poke fun at the fans. Part of me believes that it has happened before but we will never know.

Is Obama running for office again?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Is Obama running for office again?
    Thanks for that Wednesday night chuckle Paul.

Here's your morning chuckle.

I know Hannity is not a real journalist, but he does do interviews for the media.
    He was interviewing the former president, who claimed (I kid you not)
    So, You can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.”
    I watch Fox sometimes to get the view from the far right, but it might not be good for me. I should have turned it off when he said the FBI might have been at Mar-a-Lago looking for Hillary's emails. (????)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Well it's definitely not a supper table issue at all, but it's pretty simple. I happened catch a discussion on the radio about the subject....total doom and gloom. It peaked my curiosity, so I used the Google machine and typed in "US dollar in decline". Poof, all kinds of stuff popped up. There is no question that a lot of folks reputable enough to get articles published fear the direction the USD is heading.....I just tend to see it mostly like they do. Going from the USD accounting for 70% of global economy spending to 59% tends to back it up.

Basically, common sense says that the out of control government spending this century, that now has the Federal Debt over 30 TRILLION and rising, tells me the USD is being de-valued.....no question. At what number of debt, coupled with the USDT "printing money", does the USD collapse?

As far as the "trading in other currencies" question. Elect fiscally responsible politicians to hopefully reverse, or at least not continue, the above. Also, apparently, some experts believe that our penchant to recklessly "weaponize the USD" thru sanctions could be drawn back somewhat.
    So you developed (or more likely read on conservative media) a theory about the decline of the dollar and googled 'decline of the dollar', found some questionable opinion pieces that you posted links to as backup and you honestly expect anyone to take you seriously? Try 'bias confirmation' for your next google search.

So are you trying to say that our energy independence under Trump, is no different than Biden's day 1 energy policy? This Administration is aggressively implementing Obama's "Fundamentally Transform America" war on the fossil fuel industry. This leads to the political motivated taping of our nations petroleum reserves and begging other countries to do the "green energy sins" of drilling for more oil.
    Explain our 'energy independence under Trump', and how that has changed, please. US Energy production is down minimally from it's high in 2019, but exports are up and still exceed imports.

Here is a link showing net energy production, consumption, imports, and exports.

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/...nd-exports.php

Here is another article from Forbes that specifically addresses the misinformation to which you seem to have fallen victim:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier...h=395c310b30b6

And what the hell is Obama's "Fundamentally Transform America" policy? It seems like it's just a catch all of stuff that you either don't agree with, don't fully comprehend, or both.

Finally, I'll concede your point about the taping of our Nation's petroleum reserves. That doesn't sound good at all, and we should put a stop to it. What kind of tape are they using? Duct tape? Scotch tape? Are they taping them shut so we can't get the oil out? I NEED TO KNOW!!!

No, I just am thinking 30+ TRILLION in debt can not be good for the USD Globally. I struggle to grasp what number does it take to collapse the USD? 40T, 50T?

These unfathomable numbers are simply highly unstable digital currency with no backing other than the USA status as the world's greatest economic power. Unfortunately, that is rapidly changing, because America is firmly committed to the "New Green Deal", while the world's most flagrant polluters thumb the nose and LAUGH!

Google the history of the collapse of the German Mark in early 20th century.
    I'm not really sure how to answer this, because I don't know exactly what you are saying. I'm not sure you do, either. You seem to have an overarching abstract view that America is on the verge of collapse because of the Green New Deal. How is the Green New Deal going to lead to our decline as an economic superpower? Do you know what's in the Green New Deal? Hint: It's mostly bullshit non-binding resolutions to appease the far left, coupled with some spending against our existing energy infrastructure and some tax credits for clean energy. It targets 100% renewable energy by (I think) 2050 without spelling out or legislating how we will get there (we won't). It's also dead as soon as Republicans retake congress, which will definitely happen before 2050. I'm not a big fan of it, but I also don't view it as highly significant in the 'soup' of things the government spends money on.
    Eat Donuts!