Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43
  1. #31
    Junior IM4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,117
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Thaty site has Reid Ducharme as the #8 ranked prospect.......I think.
    Looks like they rank him 8th best out of the prep programs. That’s still pretty impressive.

    https://www.thehoophustle.com/prepprograms

  2. #32
    Junior IM4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,117
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Oh, so you want videos! Anything else we can get you? Like maybe their high school tapes? Or an interview with their girl friends? Geez. The original question was about who X is recruiting in the way of bigs. If you go to 24/7 and VC you can see the names. You can even get a little information about them by clicking on the names. The sites don’t always agree on the level of interest, so take that information for what it’s worth. Once you’ve got the names then do a Google search on them, or a YouTube search and see what you come up with. If you want more real information you’ll have to pay for it by joining Rivals and/or 24/7. But I guess you’d rather that someone else pay for it and just give that to you for free. Good luck with that.
    If you had waited until you read a few more posts in the thread before getting so snippy with your posts about how people are being lazy and how easy it is to find lots of info about the bigs X is recruiting for the 2023 class, you probably would have figured out that I’d done a lot of digging online and I could not find a whole lot.

    So when I then responded to your post by asking you to share the additional information and videos you suggested exist, you made yet another snippy remark, “Anything else we can get you?”

    Honestly, I don’t even know who “we” is referring to in your remark, as I was only directing my questions to you. You were the only one who decided to jump on this thread with a “grumpy old man” attitude instead of just sharing what you know- like everyone else seems to be happy to do.

    You have a delightful day sir

  3. #33
    There is not a lot of information on the recruiting websites regarding X seeking out top 150 post players for 2023.

    maybe 2-3 post players but only one interested in X and he just visited on Friday.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post

    I read something about a big that X offered who was pretty much off the radar but now is getting lots of attention.

    Does anyone know more about him or any bigs X is going hard after for the 23 class?
    That seems like a pretty open ended question to me, and nowhere is it mentioned that you had any research to speak off regarding the recruiting of any bigs…”I read something”, doesn’t even begin to imply that you had been to any sites.

    I understand your question and your desire for more Information, but iMO there are far to many folks on this site that want OTHERS to spend the time (and money) looking at all of the recruiting sites and reading blogs, listening to podcasts, and watching video blogs, and then to post the information that they have found here. Perhaps if you had said that you had checked the sites I mentioned several times and still could t find any information, I wouldn’t have been so “snarky”. I never post any links or information that comes from pay sites because to me that’s like stealing. It’s taking something that I don’t own, and then giving it to someone else. It is dishonest. Xavier had a big on campus this weekend. How do I know that? I saw it mentioned on Twitter. How did I see it on Twitter? I spent some time while sitting around in the evening reading my Twitter feed. I am on twitter for only one reason, and that is to get Xavier recruiting information. I scroll through it daily, one time a day, usually in the evening while watching TV. I do the same thing with the various recruiting sites I check. It doesn’t take a lot of effort or time, but it does take being consistent. You can’t do it one time a week or a couple of times a month and hope that you see everything. If others want to spend more time or less time doing the same thing, that’s their choice. I don’t care either way. But as I said before, it seems that many people want others to do the work for them, and that’s bull$**t.

  5. #35
    Supporting Member boozehound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    You can never have too many tall gaurds/shooters.
    Is this Travis Steele?

    In all seriousness - It's hard to disagree with the above, but I also think you need a couple of decent bigs. I haven't written off Edwards, and he has a decent frame especially if he puts on a bit of muscle. I'm hopeful on Miles as well, but far from certain. I would think it's likely that next year Miller will have to go to the portal for a bit to complement (hopefully) Edwards and Miles.
    Eat Donuts!

  6. #36
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    FL, on the Cape
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    That seems like a pretty open ended question to me, and nowhere is it mentioned that you had any research to speak off regarding the recruiting of any bigs…”I read something”, doesn’t even begin to imply that you had been to any sites.

    I understand your question and your desire for more Information, but iMO there are far to many folks on this site that want OTHERS to spend the time (and money) looking at all of the recruiting sites and reading blogs, listening to podcasts, and watching video blogs, and then to post the information that they have found here. Perhaps if you had said that you had checked the sites I mentioned several times and still could t find any information, I wouldn’t have been so “snarky”. I never post any links or information that comes from pay sites because to me that’s like stealing. It’s taking something that I don’t own, and then giving it to someone else. It is dishonest. Xavier had a big on campus this weekend. How do I know that? I saw it mentioned on Twitter. How did I see it on Twitter? I spent some time while sitting around in the evening reading my Twitter feed. I am on twitter for only one reason, and that is to get Xavier recruiting information. I scroll through it daily, one time a day, usually in the evening while watching TV. I do the same thing with the various recruiting sites I check. It doesn’t take a lot of effort or time, but it does take being consistent. You can’t do it one time a week or a couple of times a month and hope that you see everything. If others want to spend more time or less time doing the same thing, that’s their choice. I don’t care either way. But as I said before, it seems that many people want others to do the work for them, and that’s bull$**t.
    You know, this board has been dead for the past several months. So, if you would not discourage others from posting here, that would be great.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

  7. #37
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    You know, this board has been dead for the past several months. So, if you would not discourage others from posting here, that would be great.
    Yes to that. The entire purpose of this board, I think, is to encourage communication and information sharing among those of us who closely follow Xavier basketball. I see nothing wrong with the question IM4X posed. This board offers the opportunity to post information we want to share with others or to refrain from posting. I much prefer it when information is shared and communicated as it makes me a more knowledgeable consumer of X hoops. Attacking another poster for asking a question is unnecessary.

  8. #38
    I don’t see anything wrong with the initial question either. I never attacked him for asking a question. I was “snarky” (his word, not mine) because after posting up where HE could find some of the information he sought he then asked for me to post videos. It was t enough for me to tell him where some sources were. He wanted me to do more. I think that is a bit much. IMO it’s being a little lazy. So I posted a bit of a sarcastic reply. I don’t think that I was implying that anyone shouldn’t post, or post questions. Nor was I discouraging anyone from posting. What I’m trying to encourage is for people to take a little initiative and look up things for themselves. To not just rely on others posting information that they can find for themselves. Heck, I told him exactly where he could find good recruiting information on exactly what he was asking for. What more should anyone want or expect?
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 09-06-2022 at 07:54 PM.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    You know, this board has been dead for the past several months. So, if you would not discourage others from posting here, that would be great.
    Oh yeah,
    Regardless of what people think of 'Ol Xup here, I am constantly mining X BBall info and posting here..... especially Recruiting news.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

  10. #40
    Junior IM4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,117
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I don’t see anything wrong with the initial question either. I never attacked him for asking a question. I was “snarky” (his word, not mine) because after posting up where HE could find some of the information he sought he then asked for me to post videos. It was t enough for me to tell him where some sources were. He wanted me to do more. I think that is a bit much. IMO it’s being a little lazy. So I posted a bit of a sarcastic reply. I don’t think that I was implying that anyone shouldn’t post, or post questions. Nor was I discouraging anyone from posting. What I’m trying to encourage is for people to take a little initiative and look up things for themselves. To not just rely on others posting information that they can find for themselves. Heck, I told him exactly where he could find good recruiting information on exactly what he was asking for. What more should anyone want or expect?
    First, the idea that the info you passed along in one of your grumpy posts was helpful is just silly. You mentioned some of the most basic approaches to looking up recruit info that just about any fan knows about: “Go to 24/7 and VC and look for the names... then go to Google and do a search... or search YouTube.”

    Really? You don’t think that’s the first thing I did.

    Your last post (once again) only mentions my initial post and does not acknowledge any of the posts between that original post and your first snippy (yes I said snippy) response. Had you read some of my other posts, you would have (or least should have) realized that I did indeed spend a good bit of time trying to find info on bigs connect to X for 2023.

    I mentioned specific names who only seemed to have limited info available and I tried to share what I had. I couldn’t find any videos of one of the players and only a very old one of another that didn’t show a whole lot other than some defense. You then had another snippy post that made it seem like lots more info and videos existed on them and that I was just being lazy. I asked you to point me to them and your response was even snippier, snarkier, grumpier (or whatever you want to call it) than before. “Oh, so you want videos... anything else we can get you?”

    The irony is that you were probably too lazy to even search the places you directed me. Had you done so, you would have realized how limited the info was and maybe, just maybe you wouldn’t have been so grumpy... but then again you may just be a naturally grumpy dude.

    Seriously, if it upsets you that people want to share recruiting info on this site, then just stop reading the recruiting threads (or at least stop posting responses) It’s that simple. You will be less agitated - as will those of us who actually like to share info.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •