Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

A “Big” discussion

I am beyond thrilled about Green and Ducharme’s commitments. I think they will be important contributors once they get to X. I’ll be elated should Swain commit to X too. The more talent the better.

I just can’t stop thinking that we are in desperate need of adding a big too.

If Nunge and Free were guaranteed to return after this coming season then it would be a different situation. Without both of them, the team looks like it really needs to add a high level 4 or 5.

We can talk about Miles and Edwards possibly being that guy, but honestly neither looked like they were ready to start in the BE last year. They both need to get stronger and show they can score more consistently in the paint.

I read something about a big that X offered who was pretty much off the radar but now is getting lots of attention.

Does anyone know more about him or any bigs X is going hard after for the 23 class?
    Last edited by IM4X; 08-30-2022 at 08:56 PM.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Not a beanpole, he looks like a fit for the BE. We need some rugged!

Oh, can he play basketball? That would help a lot!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    I am beyond thrilled about Green and Ducharme’s commitments. I think they will be important contributors once they get to X. I’ll be elated should Swain commit to X too. The more talent the better.

If Nunge and Free were guaranteed to return after this coming season then it would be a different situation. Without both of them, the team looks like it really needs to add a high level 4 or 5.

We can talk about Miles and Edwards possibly being that guy, but honestly neither looked like they were ready to start in the BE last year. They both need to get stronger and show they can score more consistently in the paint.

I read something about a big that X offered who was pretty much off the radar but now is getting lots of attention.

Does anyone know more about him or any bigs X is going hard after for the 23 class?
    I am curious about this as well. We seemed to bring in multiple guards and small forwards in the 22 and 23 class assuming Swain commits. I do wonder if we will only play with a four out one big system in the future when Sean gets his players in.

Hard to find any video of his play. It’s almost like he removed most of his videos because he felt he got a lot better and he thought the videos might hurt him with recruiting. I found this older one when he was 6’ 6” showcasing his defense. Gotta like that he can defend. Would love to see something showing some of his offensive skills, though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K6iE4Iz_Cvw
    Last edited by IM4X; 08-30-2022 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I am curious about this as well. We seemed to bring in multiple guards and small forwards in the 22 and 23 class assuming Swain commits. I do wonder if we will only play with a four out one big system in the future when Sean gets his players in.
    We are going to need at least one big who can both guard and score in the paint. Nunge is the only big currently on the roster who has proven he can be somewhat of a stopper. Hoping Free has improved at guarding in the paint under Miller. Regardless we need more help at the 4/5 after this season.

Just read somewhere he stopped playing AAU this season. Part of me says why and other half says hell yes!

Does anyone know more about him or any bigs X is going hard after for the 23 class?[/B]
    Go to the recruiting thread.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Go to the recruiting thread.
    Not seeing a whole lot more in terms of info on the recruiting thread. Am I missing something?

I already knew MBengue and Nzeh were connected to X (and X being in Nzeh’s final 4) but there is not much more info on those two that I am seeing. I was hoping someone might have more info/news on those two and any other bigs we might be in on. Maybe even a recruit from overseas. It would be great to know X was about to land a big that will be “Big East ready” next season and not someone who’ll need another year or two of development before he is ready to give some quality minutes.

Sophomore

You can never have too many tall gaurds/shooters.