Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I posted this in another thread but 2 or 3 days ago I looked up 5 mock drafts all done in January 2023. 4 out of 5 of them had Colby as a 1st round pick and the other had him #38 overall in the second round. His average draft position of all 5 was about #27. So definitely borderline but pretty consistently mocked in the 1st round.

A lot can happen, but people tend to forget that the NBA is by far the least of all the pro leagues that actually relies on on court results as opposed to measurables and potential.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    That’s a good sign, I think he will go. But the nba is also the most difficult to mock from pick 20 on. It’s a crapshoot. Probably because of international players and teams loving getting the rights to those guy’s potential and stash them without having to pay (for 2nd rounders). Though G league and recent 2nd round success I think that’s happening less and less.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    That’s a good sign, I think he will go. But the nba is also the most difficult to mock from pick 20 on. It’s a crapshoot. Probably because of international players and teams loving getting the rights to those guy’s potential and stash them without having to pay (for 2nd rounders). Though G league and recent 2nd round success I think that’s happening less and less.
    Good point.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but anything/everything that goes on in the NBA is basically garbage. The game play is WWE on hardwood, the fan base is polluted with uber liberal "celebrity" rich and urbanites. The culture is in your face social justice reality TV, covered in an ocean of ink. Again....just me.

The only reason I pulled this thread to the top is to avoid a new one on Colby Jones conversation in the here and now ....as a Xavier University Musketeer.

Three guys are doing more in advancing our success...and one is hurt. We need more of that, not any possible sidetracked focus on NBA aspirations.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Three guys are doing more in advancing our success...and one is hurt. We need more of that, not any possible sidetracked focus on NBA aspirations.
    I have literally no idea what you are talking about here.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but anything/everything that goes on in the NBA is basically garbage. The game play is WWE on hardwood, the fan base is polluted with uber liberal "celebrity" rich and urbanites. The culture is in your face social justice reality TV, covered in an ocean of ink. Again....just me.

The only reason I pulled this thread to the top is to avoid a new one on Colby Jones conversation in the here and now ....as a Xavier University Musketeer.

I suspect the potential to earn millions of dollars has Colby Jones's focus sidetracked from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I think I do and I wish I didn’t. There is absolutely no reason to be hatin on Colby. He exerts more on the defensive side than anyone outside of Hunter. Is it coincidental that the two guys giving the most effort on D have seen their FT % drop recently? I don’t think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Huh? Three guys simply have better numbers. One guy is a serious BE POY candidate, a big tall guy just posted video game stats and can not be replaced....another guy scorching the league is in a walking boot. What's your angle?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    Huh? Three guys simply have better numbers. One guy is a serious BE POY candidate, a big tall guy just posted video game stats and can not be replaced....another guy scorching the league is in a walking boot. What's your angle?
    Some talk that the Houston Rockets are considering taking Colby Jones with the number one pick in the NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama. Houston is concerned about Victors ability to stay healthy in the NBA after seeing what happened to Chet and the Thunder.

Kidding but it would be sick if X could get a number one draft pick someday.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Some talk that the Houston Rockets are considering taking Colby Jones with the number one pick in the NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama. Houston is concerned about Victors ability to stay healthy in the NBA after seeing what happened to Chet and the Thunder.

Kidding but it would be sick if X could get a number one draft pick someday.
    That's total bullshit. No way in hell is Colby the # 1 PICK.