Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    I wonder how this might impact Indianapolis as a site for NCAA tournament games.

I know those games would likely be at the downtown arena, but are the dates different enough for the hotels to be able to handle it all? I'm guessing someone with more information than I have has thought of this.

I know everyone likes to brag on playing at MSG, but I'd hope Indy would be a cheaper destination to travel and stay in. Nicer for the families and fans who want to see their kids play. If you're mostly going to be in an arena watching sports, it doesn't matter that your hotel room costs double what it would in another city.
    As an Indianapolis resident there are more than enough hotels to hold both events. The City has been expanding it's hotel capacity for years. Not to mention the Indianapolis 500 occurs every May and the City does fine in terms of hotel space for that event.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant Ö isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    I wonder how this might impact Indianapolis as a site for NCAA tournament games.

I know those games would likely be at the downtown arena, but are the dates different enough for the hotels to be able to handle it all? I'm guessing someone with more information than I have has thought of this.

I know everyone likes to brag on playing at MSG, but I'd hope Indy would be a cheaper destination to travel and stay in. Nicer for the families and fans who want to see their kids play. If you're mostly going to be in an arena watching sports, it doesn't matter that your hotel room costs double what it would in another city.
    Few cities in this country could handle this better than Indianapolis. During the pandemic, they had the ENTIRE NCAA TOURNAMENT in Indianapolis.

It has long been known as the amateur capitol of the world for this reason. The city is flat, streets are set up in a grid, and it is very easy to navigate for even the first time visitor. Suburbs are not far and they have ample venues to entertain multiple basketball games/tournaments.

I am not as concerned about the cost of attending the NIT in Indy, because I really hope Xavier isn't going to be in the NIT again anytime soon.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Well the Bulldogs wonít have far to travel, will they?
    Ha, like your thought about them being in the NIT but you're giving them too much credit thinking they will make it that far!
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I have been to two Super Bowls, one in Indy and one in Glendale, AZ.

I cannot imagine a better place to host the SB than Indy. Everything of importance or interest is in walking distance. No I get the cold is a deterrent but all those other cities are so spread out. There is nothing of interest in Glendale other than the actual stadium. Events happened much further away.
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Ha, like your thought about them being in the NIT but you're giving them too much credit thinking they will make it that far!