Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    The biggest day in Xavier BBall history is the day anyone who wanted to scrap sports was told to pound salt and X committed everything to basketball. THAT is the day.
    That's a great point.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Clearly you have already started. Well played.
    We may not think along the same lines politically, but you are a good egg and a sharp S-O-B!
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Modern Era- Xavier beats Georgetown to get to the Sweet 16.

"Old" era- Xavier wins the 1958 NIT, which at the time was a big deal.
    "Earliest" era - Xavier alumni build Schmidt fieldhouse which is dedicated with victory in the first meeting vs UC.

No 5 Xavier beating No 1 Villanova at Cintas was a pretty big Xavier day - not just the win but everything that it took to get there especially Bill Daily and Fr. Hoff.

And of course, the biggest day of all for Xavier basketball is yet to come.
    Last edited by WCWIII; 08-12-2022 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    The night West announced he was staying?
    or
    The news Miller was going to replace Steele?

I'll go with Miller.
    Hope is very high. But, if this season and next seasons are dissappointing( 0.500 BE and no NCAA) then it will be a dissappointing day.

I have hiiiighh hopes, though.

All-Conference
    I think the Georgetown game was a big turning point. I was a young pup at the time and remember thinking there's no chance we're going to win. It just completely re-focused what was possible.

To that point, where does that team finish in the current Big East? There was some great talent on that team - maybe not too much depth however.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Hope is very high. But, if this season and next seasons are dissappointing( 0.500 BE and no NCAA) then it will be a dissappointing day.

I have hiiiighh hopes, though.
    Honestly Keith, I think you could make a bucket of $100 bills depressing. I can't see a scenario where X is @ or below .500 BE and no NCAA short of some catastrophic injuries.

Sophomore
    Honestly Keith, I think you could make a bucket of $100 bills depressing. I can't see a scenario where X is @ or below .500 BE and no NCAA short of some catastrophic injuries.
    Yes! It’s like Eeyor just entered the room.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I think the Georgetown game was a big turning point. I was a young pup at the time and remember thinking there's no chance we're going to win. It just completely re-focused what was possible.

To that point, where does that team finish in the current Big East? There was some great talent on that team - maybe not too much depth however.
    Agree with you and 87 on 1990 Gtown game. I’ll also throw in the 1987 NCAAT when we beat Missouri giving us our first tournament win. I was lucky enough to be at the school for both. Guess it has perks to be in school for seven years! Ha!

So you're sayin' therei is a chance.

We alll want undefeated but these players have been dissappointing for many years. In Miller we trust but I don't expect Kunkel to be 1st, or 2nd team All BE. Just keeping it real.

Junior
    I don’t have the history many on here do. West coming back was awesome. Player of the year….get his jersey retired while still a player was amazing. But, the early loss in the tournament hurts. I look at that year as an overall disappointment (despite the craziness of March). I was more disappointed that year than the loss of the 1/2 seed years. But that’s because we won a big east championship and accomplished something I never thought possible (a 2 seed….then a 1 seed. Still crazy to think about)

Miller coming back brings back hope. I don’t know that people realize how close X was to completely falling off. It’s extremely difficult to rebuild programs. Especially in the big east. If we don’t land Sean- and miss on the next hire…toast. Miller coming back instantly changes the trajectory of the program in a way nothing else could. I’ve never been more excited in off-season news than Sean coming back.
    Last edited by Xavier; 08-12-2022 at 11:59 PM.