Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm liking the jungle primary concept, personally. You might end up with D on D or R on R action in the general, but you'd expect the concept to favor somewhat more moderate candidates.
    What would really be interesting is getting more ranked-choice voting into the mix so you can at least avoid runoff elections. Georgia, for example, would have a split delegation in the Senate had David Perdue simply be declared the winner against Jon Ossoff instead if needing the 50.1% that GA law requires to avoid a runoff.

California and Louisiana are states that come to mind as far as jungle primaries; it's usually D on D for CA and R on R for LA. What I don't understand about Louisiana is why they do the jungle primary on Election Day as opposed to primary season.

After the crap Trump pulled and with Hillary using a private server (not to mention the bleach bit/smashing SIM cards), Biden admin would be foolish not to act right away. And they knew this.

No winner here tho, including those people who had to wait after the election to find out. Politicians really suck at times (most of).

There's absolutely no reason Biden should have had those files after he left office.

It's not an assumption that anything bad will happen, but why risk anything if you aren't going to be one of the people needing access to the information? This is the same opinion on anyone who's had access to classified material.

Just like with Trump, once documents are discovered missing there should be an opportunity for Biden to return files. I think it's appropriate to investigate why exactly things weren't returned after he left office. This whole thing is different from Trump because once someone did realize the issue they brought it up to the correct parties. Trump and his people tried to say there was no issue, they had cooperated, and basically lied the whole time folks were just trying to do their job. I doubt if there was no cover up attempt this would never have been such a stink.

And I'm guessing the outrage is also not the same just because who Trump and Biden are. Trump has a reputation for speaking about things he shouldn't, making shady deals, and general jack-assery. Biden has been mostly a responsible player in government roles for years. He's trusted more.

This also goes into why the archival office was interested in what Trump may have taken, while no alarms were happening with Biden.
    Last edited by sirthought; 01-16-2023 at 07:01 PM.

Ho hum. Just wait, there will be a redefining of the word Classified.
    Balls of Steele!!