Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    [QUOTE=Strange Brew;737898]This is true. On personality, he's awful. On policy, pretty good so.

I'd like to see Desantis win the primary but I could see him going for VP if Trump wins the nomination.

I don't think the Republican Trump enablers and many on the board understand how fed up much of the country is with Trump and his dangerously anti-democratic tendencies.

Fixed that for you.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

[QUOTE=X-man;737904]
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    This is true. On personality, he's awful. On policy, pretty good so.

I'd like to see Desantis win the primary but I could see him going for VP if Trump wins the nomination.

I don't think the Republican Trump enablers and many on the board understand how fed up much of the country is with Trump and his dangerously anti-democratic tendencies.

Fixed that for you.
    No, you just made yourself look foolish.

Please clarify anti-democratic. It's a buzz word with little meaning these days generally used by people to dismiss policies they reject.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 08-16-2022 at 02:55 PM.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

That is the exact type of 'head in the sand' thinking that put Trump in the White House the first time. Keep thinking that Americans are too dumb to recognize the real problems in this country.

Biden's approval ratings on:

Immigration: 38%
    The Economy: 34%
    Foreign Policy: 38%
    Covid: 47%
    Overall direction of the Country: 21%

I am no Donald Trump fan, but to act like Trump is a bigger problem than the current disaster in the WH right now is foolish.
    Last edited by Smails; 08-16-2022 at 03:25 PM.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    [QUOTE=Strange Brew;737907]
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post

No, you just made yourself look foolish.

Please clarify anti-democratic. It's a buzz word with little meaning these days generally used by people to dismiss policies they reject.
    1. Only in the eyes of right-wing Trump supporters.
    2. You figure it out (Hint: Trump and his minions deny legitimacy to anyone who defeats their candidates in a democratic election, and advocates violence over the "rule of law" to overcome people who support positions that they don't like).
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

[QUOTE=X-man;737909]

1. Only in the eyes of right-wing Trump supporters.
    2. You figure it out (Hint: Trump and his minions deny legitimacy to anyone who defeats their candidates in a democratic election, and advocates violence over the "rule of law" to overcome people who support positions that they don't like).
    1. In the eyes of someone who knows your level of education.
    2. Huh, sounds like that happens quite a bit in politics. Seem to remember riots a few years ago, threats to Justices and some other things. Guess the Democrats are also anti-democratic...

I don't think the media and many on the board understand how fed up much of the country is with the Obama/Biden policies.
    Are there any politicians or policies that 40%+ of Americans aren't fed up with? And many on the board? I would put that number at like 5 who would dare say a single positive thing about a Democrat

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Are there any politicians or policies that 40%+ of Americans aren't fed up with? And many on the board? I would put that number at like 5 who would dare say a single positive thing about a Democrat
    We need more Tulsi Gabbard's

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I find Joe Manchin to be reasonable and I liked Joe Lieberman.

Do I make 6 people. :)

Careful you might get labeled a RINO or neocon with that talk.

Sophomore

I think Manchin blew a great chance of him becoming the next president after signing the "Inflation Reduction Act". Now, I don't think he'll win his next Senate run.