Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

So the FBI planted classified evidence, but also Trump declassified that evidence that he never took, but also it's not even a big deal if he did take it because only one box was classified, I mean declassified, but also even if he did have many boxes of classified documents he didn't pack those boxes himself, but also those were just paper versions of classified, I mean declassified, documents so they wouldn't be easy to steal, but also Barack Obama had 30 million classified documents in his house, but also...Hillary Clinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Exactly what Hilary Clinton was accused of in the Warrant to her. Oh well.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna675411
    The warrant you linked to was for Anthony Weiner's computer, whose wife (Hillary's assistant) also used. The FBI want to know if any classified stuff was sent to that computer. Here's what happened (other than probably driving a nail into her presidential bid as it happened the week before the election.)

The discovery of the emails on the disgraced New York congressman’s laptop prompted the FBI director, James Comey, to briefly reopen an investigation that he had closed over the summer into Clinton’s use of the private server to handle emails she sent and received as secretary of state.

After getting court consent to delve into the newly discovered emails on 30 October, agents spent several days analyzing them before Comey announced that they contained no new evidence of any wrongdoing by Clinton.

In statement, E Randol Schoenberg, a Los Angeles lawyer who had sued to obtain the court papers, said on Tuesday that he saw “nothing at all in the search warrant application that would give rise to probable cause, nothing that would make anyone suspect that there was anything on the laptop beyond what the FBI had already searched and determined not to be evidence of a crime, nothing to suggest that there would be anything other than routine correspondence between secretary Clinton and her longtime aide Huma Abedin”.
    I'd note that Trump had (as pointed out above) a lot of opportunity to return the documents he had. Can't quite understand why he didn't.
    There are of course all the crazy stories of documents being torn up, flushed, or whatever. And many in the WH followed Hillary's approach of using personal cell devices to conduct government business.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    The warrant you linked to was for Anthony Weiner's computer, whose wife (Hillary's assistant) also used. The FBI want to know if any classified stuff was sent to that computer. Here's what happened (other than probably driving a nail into her presidential bid as it happened the week before the election.)

I'd note that Trump had (as pointed out above) a lot of opportunity to return the documents he had. Can't quite understand why he didn't.
    There are of course all the crazy stories of documents being torn up, flushed, or whatever. And many in the WH followed Hillary's approach of using personal cell devices to conduct government business.
    And Hilary wasn’t arrested or prosecuted for this, not because there wasn’t wrongdoing as Comey stated, but because he stated that no Prosecutor would ever take the case because of past “Norms”.
    So, likewise with Trump….that is, unless you are a partisan hack and a Trump hater.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I wouldn't want to be the attorney who signed the paperwork in June that all classified material had been returned to the National Archives.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Past norms... Reality Winner was in put in prison for four years because of one classified document that actually pointed out something wrong that was happening from the government. Sounds like Trump had multiple documents in his home. I wonder if he'll get the same treatment?

The Rosenbergs were executed for espionage. I suppose we'll never know if Trump shared any of this top secret stuff. But he was in love with strong men who would love to learn from US knowledge. Turkey, Belarus, Hungary, North Korea, Russia.

But Comey knew that almost everyone in government uses their own e-mail at times, probably even himself if he was honest. They just wanted to target Clinton. I doubt she destroyed anything of significance, but it was arrogant for her to think because she was Hilary Clinton she could mix the personal stuff with work stuff. She might have saved us all a lot of time if she had just gone by the rules. But she did turn over every thing she had. Submitted to significant forensic analysis. And they never found anything that was a real smoking gun. Some documents that became classified, yet weren't at the time she was working with them. But that just shows why she should have operated within the government system.

This personal e-mail and other communications was brought up as a problem with multiple members of Trump's staff, with the GOP making a federal case for 24 hours a day on TV. Kushner, Ivanka, Mulvaney. They even wanted Trump to give up his phone and use a government issued one, but he wouldn't comply. So much for best practices.
    Last edited by sirthought; 08-13-2022 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    But Comey knew that almost everyone in government uses their own e-mail at times, probably even himself if he was honest. They just wanted to target Clinton. I doubt she destroyed anything of significance, but it was arrogant for her to think because she was Hilary Clinton she could mix the personal stuff with work stuff. She might have saved us all a lot of time if she had just gone by the rules. But she did turn over every thing she had. Submitted to significant forensic analysis. And they never found anything that was a real smoking gun. Some documents that became classified, yet weren't at the time she was working with them. But that just shows why she should have operated within the government system.
    If I remember correctly, she turned over emails after she had some of the mail server drives securely wiped and then claimed she had turned over “everything”. The only way we found out that was a lie was some emails were found on her assistant’s laptop that Hillary did not turn in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

She wiped what she thought was personal. Again, no smoking gun was ever found. Not a smart move, but nothing to the level of espionage.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    She wiped what she thought was personal. Again, no smoking gun was ever found. Not a smart move, but nothing to the level of espionage.
    Same with Trump.... maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions...

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Same with Trump.... maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions...
    That's what is listed as the possible violation on the warrant. So it's serious enough that that's the level they are looking at justifying a search.