Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Mar-a-Lago Raided - Political or Criminal?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...-warrant-raid/

Some say this is a political move to keep Donald J Trump from running again. Others will tell you he stole confidential documents that didn't belong to him.

Regardless of which side of the aisle you stand, this is a major event in the history of our great Republic.

FBI doesn't raid places half cocked, get your popcorn ready...
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Seems like a huge mistake to me if it is just for some classified documents.

Man, I hope they find something, anything, that will prevent him from getting the nomination for 2024. This guy has got to go, so someone without all the toxic drama can build on his policies.

My fear is that the Dems have no intent to do anything to make him ineligible, but want to piss him off so bad that his ego assures he will run in 2024. He's the only guy they can beat, and everyone knows it.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Seems like a huge mistake to me if it is just for some classified documents.
    This just seems so weird. We have known about the issue with the classified documents in Maralago for months. Seems like the normal M/O is for the party to be alerted to it, and then work with the archives to turn over any documents wrongly taken. I really have to believe that this what happened months ago. Not quite no harm/no foul, but more of just being practical about it to avoid making it look political.

My wild speculation (which should be given no weight) is that the above is what occurred but team Trump (whether him or his staffers) didn't turn something over. Despite being given every opportunity to take the mea culpa route, team Trump continued to insist that they didn't have the classified information despite the FBI being pretty damn sure that they did. Hence the search warrant to get the missing classified information.

I just do not believe the Trump appointed head of the FBI and a federal judge would sign off on the search warrant unless they had all of their bases covered. They had to know this will be the most scrutinized search warrant in the history of search warrants.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Regardless of what comes out of this raid, it's a win for the Dems. This is a political hit job......plenty of time to use this to attack Trump backed candidates in the mid terms!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...-warrant-raid/

Some say this is a political move to keep Donald J Trump from running again. Others will tell you he stole confidential documents that didn't belong to him.

Regardless of which side of the aisle you stand, this is a major event in the history of our great Republic.

FBI doesn't raid places half cocked, get your popcorn ready...
    No they just make up shit to create FISA warrants to start bullshit investigations.
    There has never been another raid by the FBI on a former American Presidents residence EVER. Not even Nixon.
    This is a terrible precedent. Just shows you how scared the Democrats are and how corrupted our agencies have become.
    Wait Until one of those new 87,000 IRS agents come knocking at your door. Hope all your cash is hidden away.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Just shows you how scared the Democrats are and how corrupted our agencies have become.
    Do you have any evidence the Democrats were involved at any level? The current reporting, which could change, is that the raid was conducted by the FBI which is ran by a life long Republican appointed by Trump.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

All-Conference
    Part of me thinks this act simply further emboldens Trump and his minion supporters. It's the exact type of scenario the Dems tried to gather up to prevent him from being elected the first time - and it did nothing but embolden more people against the establishment.

I will always believe Trump being elected had more to do with the Dems trying too hard to ensure he doesn't than anything else.

Just leave the guy alone, keep him out of the spotlight, and he will go away. They can't help themselves.

If they don't put him away forever with this, then him and his army are coming back with FIRE.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Do you have any evidence the Democrats were involved at any level? The current reporting, which could change, is that the raid was conducted by the FBI which is ran by a life long Republican appointed by Trump.
    Hm. Did the FBI raid the Westchester home of Hilary Clinton when she had certifiable Classified information on her server and emails?
    Raiding the private residence of a Former President by an obviously biased “investigation” is a bad bad precedent.
    By the way. Merrick Garland is a Democrat and can order the FBI to do whatever he says. Garland has been under pressure to do more to go afteR Trump to indict him. That is all the evidence you need.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Hm. Did the FBI raid the Westchester home of Hilary Clinton when she had certifiable Classified information on her server and emails?
    Raiding the private residence of a Former President by an obviously biased “investigation” is a bad bad precedent.
    By the way. Merrick Garland is a Democrat and can order the FBI to do whatever he says. Garland has been under pressure to do more to go afteR Trump to indict him. That is all the evidence you need.
    Likely because she voluntarily turned over the server. As I speculated above, fully admitting it is speculation, the fact that we knew about the classified documents at Maralago months ago, indicates that there was likely an attempt for voluntary compliance before it became necessary for a raid.