Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    They would have had to come to play UC and they didn't want to add another loss in Cincy.
    They actually beat Clifton in Cincinnati in the 2010 NIT.

“It's UC's first NIT bid since 2010 when the Mick Cronin-coached Bearcats defeated Weber State, then fell in a second-round game at Fifth Third Arena to the Dayton Flyers.“
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 03-13-2023 at 05:35 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    Was not sure where to post this. Butler’s leading scorer Taylor has entered the transfer portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Was not sure where to post this. Butler’s leading scorer Taylor has entered the transfer portal.
    I suspect with no confirmation, that Thad will be entering the Transfer Portal-to Retirement- soon.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

So, if you're a coach looking for a step up which place is the most enticing? Georgetown, St. Johns, or Butler?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    He's been contacted by X, imagine the reception he would get at Hinkle next year.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    So, if you're a coach looking for a step up which place is the most enticing? Georgetown, St. Johns, or Butler?
    Is that a serious question? Butler maybe job # 10 of the 11 Big East jobs. St John's has the most upside because it's NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Is that a serious question? Butler maybe job # 10 of the 11 Big East jobs. St John's has the most upside because it's NYC.
    I agree that, at this point, St. John's is way better. Georgetown still has great history and name recognition. Butler has their stinky air-plane hanger of an arena going for them.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

These NIT games are more compelling tonight then the NCAA tournament games. I have spent most of my night watching Hofstra/Rutgers barn burner, Toledo/Michigan and Liberty/Villanova.

Hofstra wins at Rutgers in OT and Liberty leads Nova coming down to the final minutes here.

This Liberty team is for real I was hoping they would beat Kennesaw State because they were the better team but the game happened to be at Kennesaw State. Liberty would been a 12 or 13 seed.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I think we're safe to assume that none of tonight's teams poses a real threat to Iowa State on Thursday.

Oh, and anyone who says this is not as exciting as the NIT games needs to reminded that "The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies' room"

Bearcats NITpicks Hokies (81-72) and will face Hofstra in round 2.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk