Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    The verdict is in.

3 years probation, a $5000 fine, and they have to vacate the THREE games (not two, my mistake) that he played in.

For four level 1 violations, that's pretty light. But, perhaps that isn't a bad thing. No postseason ban. No show cause or suspension for Penny Hardaway. Just a $5000 fine and they have to pretend they didn't win the three games that he played in.

The thing that actually sucks the most for the department is the probation. That most likely means an NCAA audit every year. But the fans and coaches don't really give a shit about that, so...
    With the NCAA eliminating it's enforcement team, who backs up probation consequences?

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    With the NCAA eliminating it's enforcement team, who backs up probation consequences?
    They didn't eliminate their enforcement team. They're eliminating the IARP, which was the alternative to dealing with the enforcement staff.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Just throwing this out there...

The first college basketball game of any kind, at any level, is tomorrow between Thaddeus Stevens (which I think is a JUCO,), and Penn State-Schuylkill, which is an NAIA school. It's an exhibition game, but it is college basketball!! So...it's (sort of) here!!

The first open D1 exhibition game is a week from Thursday. With the exception of Sunday Nov 6th (the day before the regular season starts), Christmas Eve, and the day after Christmas, will be at least one college basketball game every day from next Thursday until the day after Selection Sunday. Here is the D1 open exhibition game schedule...

https://hoopshd.com/exhibition-game-schedule-2022-2023/

Got my email today with links to the tickets for all the games. Just have to make sure I don’t delete the damned thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Just throwing this out there...

The first college basketball game of any kind, at any level, is tomorrow between Thaddeus Stevens (which I think is a JUCO,), and Penn State-Schuylkill, which is an NAIA school. It's an exhibition game, but it is college basketball!! So...it's (sort of) here!!

The first open D1 exhibition game is a week from Thursday. With the exception of Sunday Nov 6th (the day before the regular season starts), Christmas Eve, and the day after Christmas, will be at least one college basketball game every day from next Thursday until the day after Selection Sunday. Here is the D1 open exhibition game schedule...

https://hoopshd.com/exhibition-game-schedule-2022-2023/
    So today is a massive day!! You can just feel the excitement in the air all over the country!! It's the first time two college basketball teams have played each other since Kansas played North Carolina in the NCAA Championship Game!!

Who took off work today in recognition of the massiveness that is today!!??

I didn't even bother taking off work!! I just flat out quit!!!

HAPPY COLLEGE BASKETBALL SEASON EVERYBODY!!!!!!

So today is a massive day!! You can just feel the excitement in the air all over the country!! It's the first time two college basketball teams have played each other since Kansas played North Carolina in the NCAA Championship Game!!

Who took off work today in recognition of the massiveness that is today!!??

I didn't even bother taking off work!! I just flat out quit!!!

HAPPY COLLEGE BASKETBALL SEASON EVERYBODY!!!!!!
    You can't fool us BREW. You haven't changed out of pajamas since the COVID lockdown.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

The AP Preseason Poll is out. It's completely meaningless. On Nov 14th no one will care, or even remember, where anyone was in the preseason poll. But, it is a reminder that the season is about to tip!! And, while I know the polls don't really mean anything, I still like looking at them...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

I do think Toledo will be good this year, and I'm glad that at least one writer voted for them!

Fuck yeah, we're back to sneaking up on people!

Sophomore
    The AP Preseason Poll is out. It's completely meaningless. On Nov 14th no one will care, or even remember, where anyone was in the preseason poll. But, it is a reminder that the season is about to tip!! And, while I know the polls don't really mean anything, I still like looking at them...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

I do think Toledo will be good this year, and I'm glad that at least one writer voted for them!
    Ummm, this is all meaningless. Not sure why the polls get so much grief.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Kentucky and Gonzaga will play each of the next 6 seasons. Twice in Spokae (once on Gonzaga's campus), once in Seattle, twice in Rupp Arena and once in Nashville. More series like this in college basketball, please!

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...pari-mark-few/