Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    A & M lost at home to Wofford.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    To be fair, we didn't expect the ACC to be near the top from top-to-bottom.

I'm becoming more and more of the belief that the SEC is a fraud below Alabama and Tennessee. Auburn, Kentucky and Arkansas have serious flaws and Missouri is a home-court hero that struggles once they leave the state of Missouri. Texas A&M has a decent SEC record but they haven't faced the bulk of the heavy competition in the SEC yet.
    Up until the last three games, Missouri had arguably their second best player out for a personal matter. I think they are pretty good…a little small up front, but experienced, well coached and great guard play.

I think top to bottom the sec is a little meh but they may have two final four teams.

I do think the big 12 is far and away the best conference, then I think a case can be made for the sec, big East, and/or pac 12 as the next best. All three of them are pretty darn too heavy.

I think the acc is ok… they are top heavy too. I think the big ten is hot garbage .
    Last edited by Xville; 01-29-2023 at 08:22 PM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    We also learned tonight that fouling up 3 with 9.7 seconds is way too early. Florida State did that against Clemson; the Tigers hit their two FTs and the Noles ended up missing 1 of 2 after getting immediately fouled. Clemson then drives the length of the court and actually got an old-fashioned 3-point play out of it. Now the Tigers are 10-1 in the ACC and still leading the conference.
    Yeah, never made sense to me when people suggested fouling up 3 with that much time left. It could work out but there is plenty of opportunity for it not to with that much time left. I wouldn't do it unless under 5 seconds.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Fordham is 18-4. Has that ever happened in the history of basketball? That’s all

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Fordham is 18-4. Has that ever happened in the history of basketball? That’s all
    Another blown game by Travis Ford in crunch time.

SLU drops from 1st to 2nd with VCU's win today.

Not that it really matters all that much, whoever wins the A10 tourney is the only team getting in. Hope SLU gets a top 2 seed in A10 tourney tho.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    For about two seconds I was happy to see Fordham winning a critical game. Then I noticed their court is named after former AD Frank McLaughlin. I'd be harder pressed to find a worse AD in the history of the A-10.

Speaking of our good friends in the A-10, Mark Schmidt is now in this 16th(!) season at St. Olean Welding Academy. I feel old.

Supporting Member
    Florida beating Tennessee should help the sos and thus seed line :)

Did you all know that Josh Pastner is still employed at the basketball coach at Georgia Tech? After a loss to 2-19 Louisville last night that dropped them to last place all alone in the ACC at 1-11, that is not likely to be the case for very long!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Did you all know that Josh Pastner is still employed at the basketball coach at Georgia Tech? After a loss to 2-19 Louisville last night that dropped them to last place all alone in the ACC at 1-11, that is not likely to be the case for very long!
    14 years between Memphis and ga tech as the head man
    5 tourney appearances
    2 tourney wins

Wow. That’s a level of suckitude that would even make frank Haith blush. Actually I take that back… Haith is still worse