Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerome Hunter

Interesting quote about Sean:

“Everybody’s getting better,” Hunter said. “All my team is loving the new coach and he’s really explaining things in-depth as to what he wants to get accomplished so everybody’s getting on board. Once everybody’s on board, I feel like we can have a big season this year.”
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    cant shoot and doesnt rebound well

I dont see many minutes at all
    34% year 2 at Indiana on more attempts than last year. I would throw out all three percentages under Travis Steele for everyone and expect a major uptick in shooting.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    34% year 2 at Indiana on more attempts than last year. I would throw out all three percentages under Travis Steele for everyone and expect a major uptick in shooting.
    Agree. Hunter had some good minutes and made some big plays last year. But, he also forced the long ball and made some decisions that were real head-scratchers. Still, he's long, athletic and seems to have a pretty good attitude. I'm optimistic about this team under Miller. I think we will see some players turn their games around. Hunter is one for whom I have high hopes.

Last year was last year.

All-Conference
    Jerome, use your length and go be the best defender on the floor. And then go be a menace on the offensive and defensive boards. Be the best role player on the team. We'd all like that Jerome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    Agree. Hunter had some good minutes and made some big plays last year. But, he also forced the long ball and made some decisions that were real head-scratchers. Still, he's long, athletic and seems to have a pretty good attitude. I'm optimistic about this team under Miller. I think we will see some players turn their games around. Hunter is one for whom I have high hopes.

Last year was last year.
    I also heard the coaches are extremely pleased with Zach Freemantle and expect a huge year from him. I think Zach was very unhappy last year and it showed in his play. Heard his attitude has been great.

I also heard the coaches are extremely pleased with Zach Freemantle and expect a huge year from him. I think Zach was very unhappy last year and it showed in his play. Heard his attitude has been great.
    I think I expect Zach to havea breakout season. He is very skilled offensivly . Now just 100% healthy

I’ve no doubt in my mind that many of the players on last years team were playing scared and tight. The substitution patterns were all over the board and there seemed to be little or no rhyme or reason why some players got tons of minutes, and others saw none. I’m also quite sure that the players were well aware of the pressure that Steele was under. I expect players to have a much better understanding of their roles under Sean, and for all of them to understand that Sean owes none of them anything and that they will be expected to earn their minutes based on IN GAME production. Yes, there is going to be pressure on them to produce, but it’s the kind of pressure that real players look forward too and embrace.

I think we are looking to many up-tics on both sides of the court - otherwise, "why Miller". Part of it, of course, revolves around - how much of the past revolved around the lack of talent and how was much more on the coaching. My vote is on the coaching, or lack of same.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

“ “Everybody’s getting better,” Hunter said. “All my team is loving the new coach and he’s really explaining things in-depth as to what he wants to get accomplished so everybody’s getting on board. Once everybody’s on board, I feel like we can have a big season this year.”

HUUUUUUUGE!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    “ “Everybody’s getting better,” Hunter said. “All my team is loving the new coach and he’s really explaining things in-depth as to what he wants to get accomplished so everybody’s getting on board. Once everybody’s on board, I feel like we can have a big season this year.”

HUUUUUUUGE!!!
    Kunkel might stop launching so many 3's. I only pray it is true