Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jerome Hunter

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Kunkel might stop launching so many 3's. I only pray it is true
    He can shoot 3s - the problem is shooting too many quick, deep and tough 3s. Let your teammates make it easier instead of firing the first chance you see a smidge of daylight to get your shot off.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    “ “Everybody’s getting better,” Hunter said. “All my team is loving the new coach and he’s really explaining things in-depth as to what he wants to get accomplished so everybody’s getting on board. Once everybody’s on board, I feel like we can have a big season this year.”

HUUUUUUUGE!!!
    Anyone wonder why not everyone is on board, lol?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    He can shoot 3s - the problem is shooting too many quick, deep and tough 3s. Let your teammates make it easier instead of firing the first chance you see a smidge of daylight to get your shot off.
    I'm not going to miss the Mack/Steele offense. Terrible ball movement leading to contested 3 pointers.
    Eat Donuts!

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I'm not going to miss the Mack/Steele offense. Terrible ball movement leading to contested 3 pointers.
    IMO, Mack held players more accountable for their roles within the offense. I didn't have a huge issue with Mack's offensive flow. Steele just gave the green light to everyone, and everyone took it, to the detriment of the team.

The offense under Steele was the most terrible on the eyeballs in the 40 years I've been watching Xavier basketball. It was horrendous.
    Last edited by drudy23; 08-01-2022 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    IMO, Mack held players more accountable for their roles within the offense. I didn't have a huge issue with Mack's offensive flow. Steele just gave the green light to everyone, and everyone took it, to the detriment of the team.

The offense under Steele was the most terrible on the eyeballs in the 40 years I've been watching Xavier basketball. It was horrendous.
    Mack was definitely a lot better than Steele, for sure. I still thought that Mack's teams did too much passing around the perimeter while standing still, before eventually driving into traffic or shooting a contested shot. Part of why I think it worked better under Mack is he had some players that could score while being guarded: Crawford, Christon, Blueitt, and Marshall could all beat a defending 1:1 either by shooting over them or driving past them.

I kind of always thought of Steele's offense as a very, very poor man's version of Mack's philosophy except with more wings chucking up 3's and less emphasis on inside presence.
    Eat Donuts!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Anyone wonder why not everyone is on board, lol?
    Yep, thought the same thing. Are they on board, or aren’t they? Very confusing!
    Last edited by XUBison; 08-01-2022 at 04:18 PM.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Yep, thought the same thing. Are they on board, or aren’t they? Very confusing!
    Well I'm on board. Are you?
    Balls of Steele!!

Sophomore
    Well, we aren't not going to be Bored once Miller gets everyone on-board.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    It was actually difficult and unpleasant to watch. I’ve watched every game I could, but I can’t say I enjoyed it very often.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    34% year 2 at Indiana on more attempts than last year. I would throw out all three percentages under Travis Steele for everyone and expect a major uptick in shooting.
    I hope he gets better, but lets not get too carried away with 34% from 2 years ago. I would much prefer him to be a defensive stopper and improve his rebounding.