Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    X again struggled from 3 last season. Kunkel launches way to many 3's and wasn't reliable for any consistency.
    Why would X go from bad shooting to average or good shooting? Craft can't do it all. I hope it improves from poor to average.

If 32% last year turns into 35% this year. I will be pleassed.
    I'm not really understanding why you responded to my comment about KyKy with this.

But, with that in mind, I can see ways in which out 3Pt shooting will improve.

-First, Scruggs, Free and Hunter took 213 3 attempts and hit 57 of them which equates to 26.7%. These 3 took 28% of the attempts. Scruggs is gone and I expect Free and Hunter to both be on a short leash when it comes to putting up 3's. just NOT TAKING 3 point shots can improve our %.

- I expect Jones to improve upon his 29%, but not take a considerably higher amount of shots.

- I think Kunkle is a better shooter than he showed last year. He was the ONLY shot creator we had and the guy that sometimes had to just launch at the end of a possession. I think with more creators on the floor, Kunkle can be more of a catch and shoot guy and hit in the high 30's%. His off the dribble 3's should still be in the mid 30's%. I just think he'll have a better mix of shot type.

- Boum, hopefully, can replace Nate's 37.5%

-I think KyKy will get many more attempts and will shoot above the team average. If he doesnt get much PT, it may mean Craft is better and that could be a good thing for us.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I'm not really understanding why you responded to my comment about KyKy with this.

-First, Scruggs, Free and Hunter took 213 3 attempts and hit 57 of them which equates to 26.7%. These 3 took 28% of the attempts. Scruggs is gone and I expect Free and Hunter to both be on a short leash when it comes to putting up 3's. just NOT TAKING 3 point shots can improve our %.

- I expect Jones to improve upon his 29%, but not take a considerably higher amount of shots.

- I think Kunkle is a better shooter than he showed last year. He was the ONLY shot creator we had and the guy that sometimes had to just launch at the end of a possession. I think with more creators on the floor, Kunkle can be more of a catch and shoot guy and hit in the high 30's%. His off the dribble 3's should still be in the mid 30's%. I just think he'll have a better mix of shot type.

-I think KyKy will get many more attempts and will shoot above the team average. If he doesnt get much PT, it may mean Craft is better and that could be a good thing for us.

The above argument is reasonable. I too expect improvement. I believe it will come from more discipline around who shoots the three-ball along with better ball movement creating more open looks. Miller essentially laid that out in his radio show last month. Steele's offense essentially passed the ball around the perimeter or used a very basic weave and generally the resulting shot was not an unhurried wide-open look. I wouldn't be shocked if we take materially fewer shots behind the arc. But, in the end, I expect to see marked improvement in the results.

But, with that in mind, I can see ways in which out 3Pt shooting will improve....../..

Craft is better and that could be a good thing for us.
    I quoted your post just as a point of reference. I didn't disagree with your Tandy analysis. I agree with your posts 95% of the time.

All-Conference
    Posh Alexander in his 18th year....dude just keeps popping up.

Junior

I heard on a sports radio show this morning a discussion about DeAndre Ayton of PHX. They talked about how in college Az ran NBA sets to get their 3 pt shooters open, specifically Ayton. I think our 3 pt %, just like our Defense, and our FT % will all improve because of Miller. He's not God with a whistle, but he's a helluva better coach than Miami's coach.
    Last edited by JTG; 07-12-2022 at 04:09 PM.

Nunge 2nd in 3% and ZFree not on any conference teams.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Doesn't every d1 head coach believe their offense isn't too difficult?
    I mean no coach wants their team to struggle offensively.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Doesn't every d1 head coach believe their offense isn't too difficult?
    I mean no coach wants their team to struggle offensively.
    Steele seemed to be ok with missing ALOT of shots.

Lunardi has 7 BE teams in:

3 Creighton
    4 Nova
    7 UConn
    8 Xavier
    11 St. John's
    11 Seton Hall
    11 Providence

I'd take it.
    2023 Sweet 16