Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Ditto. Don't thing he ever had both feet off the court at the same time. Not sure he even attempted to.

Fun to watch though.

Was Xavier at a disadvantage against the teams picking players from a number of programs? I know they are not exactly "All Star" teams, but it seems to me that X did extremely well against these teams constructed with a much wider net of potential talent.

Yes?*
    I think that could be possible that limiting your reach could be a disadvantage, but at the same time I think it is an advantage to have guys who know what its like to play together too. And they have a coach who coached some of them and in their system which I think makes it easier to actually run plays which they did a lot of. A lot of the teams don't have anyone who really had been a college coach, let alone for the same program of all the players.

They also did try and get Daum who seemed like he was coming then changed his mind. So I don't think they are opposed to looking outside the program. Definitely need a big for next year. Farr, Reynolds, Tyrique would be great. If you can't get them look to other players from outside the program.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 07-22-2022 at 07:49 AM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    I don't thinks so. I think Xavier had the talent to hang with any of these squads. Could've used Mark Lyons this year but Semaj played great. Would've liked to have another big to play instead of BJ Raymond too. They lost Jeff Robinson and Cheeks due to injury. I have to think they both would have made a difference. Only non alum on the roster was Riley LaChance, who knocked down a few shots.
    Lack of interior presence was this team's biggest weakness. Stainbrook looks like he weighs 185 lbs, and BJ, formerly a shooting guard, looks like he weighs 300 lbs.

BJ is still playing ball in Finland- https://www.proballers.com/basketbal...njamin-raymond

I don't see any 2022 stats for Stainbrook. Did he retire? Someone told me he's now a long distance runner. He looks like it.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Lack of interior presence was this team's biggest weakness. Stainbrook looks like he weighs 185 lbs, and BJ, formerly a shooting guard, looks like he weighs 300 lbs.

BJ is still playing ball in Finland- https://www.proballers.com/basketbal...njamin-raymond

I don't see any 2022 stats for Stainbrook. Did he retire? Someone told me he's now a long distance runner. He looks like it.
    BJ retired after this last season after 14 years. He is now a Graduate Assistant on Sean Miller’s staff and going to X Grad School
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

The Zips biggest problem was that our 3 point shooters shot like iish.
    Trevon -30% 6-20
    Nate - 30% 3-10
    JP - 15% 3-20

12- 50 is assuredly NOT GOOD

That was bad on your supposed “home court”.
    The Travis Steele “offense”. :-(
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 07-22-2022 at 04:01 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The Zips biggest problem was that our 3 point shooters shot like iish.
    Trevon -30% 6-20
    Nate - 30% 3-10
    JP - 15% 3-20

12- 50 is assuredly NOT GOOD

That was bad on your supposed “home court”.
    The Travis Steele “offense”. :-(
    Jason Carter territory right there.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Jason Carter territory right there.
    Upgrading with Adam Kunkel this year. Ugh