Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Lebanese wing Youssef Khayat

He has narrowed his recruiting down to X and 3 other schools.

Anyone have any inside scoop as to X’s chances of landing him? It appears he was a wing who has grown into what looks to be an athletic big. Supposedly he can do it all, including handling the ball pretty well. He would be a great fit. We could really benefit from another big.

https://247sports.com/Article/Basket...est-188995173/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zDlmeyTLPf8
    Last edited by IM4X; 06-21-2022 at 03:18 AM.

Junior
    Seems to be a 2 horse race between X and Michigan. Xavier having a chance pretty much solely due to Millers success with foreign players.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    He has narrowed his recruiting down to X and 3 other schools.

Anyone have any inside scoop as to X’s chances of landing him? It appears he was a wing who has grown into what looks to be an athletic big. Supposedly he can do it all, including handling the ball pretty well. He would be a great fit. We could really benefit from another big.

https://247sports.com/Article/Basket...est-188995173/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zDlmeyTLPf8
    What recruiting class would he be in? 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    What recruiting class would he be in? 2023?

Highlight vids are just that....highlights, but that kid is very impressive. The commentary on the video is very informative as well.

He's already 19 and has "played vs men" for some time now. Part of the Championship Lebanon National Team. That has to be a huge plus in making the jump to High D1 here. Smooth looking jumper and a nice 3 percentage, all from International distance. VERY aggresive attacking the rim and that handle in transition is just "WoW"! According to the commentary he is highly committed to Defense, which is a must to play for Miller. The quickness he displays, coupled with that 7'0" wingspan spells nightmare for the opposition.

It is mentioned he is a 2022 recruit, so I guess he could be rostered for this season. Man, if he can be anything close to the production displayed on this video, our frontcourt depth will be rock solid!

Reel him in Coach!!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I don't favor all the "I've cut my schools to 4" hype...it would however be nice to steal one from Michigan.

Edit: although, maybe that's the way kids get the NIL $ offers to come...which are now legit.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

What an exciting find by our coach. I don’t get TOO excited until we know it’s a certainty, but it’s nice to have a good shot at a terrific young player with so much potential. I don’t know much about NIL, but my wife is Lebanese so you can put me down for kibbeh, tabouleh and some grape leaves!

Yes, please.

His game reminds me alot of Jason Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Yes, please.

His game reminds me alot of Jason Carter.
    oh boy. Here we go....
    Well Carter didn't make many mistakes defensively. Offensively, he struggled. He played a ton too.

Looks like a great find. Assume expectations for him would be different from other incoming Freshman based off his experience.

If he were to choose X, wouldn’t that give us 13 scholarship players? That could be a very congested roster. Guess there’s always the injury factor. Oh well, confident Sean will figure it out.