Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Jk *almost* drives the green on 14. But birdies! Back to even steven and top 25!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    I've heard he is being offered in the 50mil range
    That's a lot of money. In no way do I think that the LIV tour is particularly compelling, or will be highly successful, but that's a lot of cash. I don't care about the Saudi backing either. They back tons of shit in the US. It just has an 'arena football' kind of feel to it that makes me tend to be disinterested. I get it more for guys like DJ and (especially) Phil who are kind of on the backside of their career, but for the younger players it seems a little shortsighted. Nobody is offering me $50MM though.
    Eat Donuts!

JK Birdies his 17th and saves another Sandy out of the bunker oh his 18th!
    -1 on the Day. Tied 14th. He's RIGHT THERE!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    That's a lot of money. In no way do I think that the LIV tour is particularly compelling, or will be highly successful, but that's a lot of cash. I don't care about the Saudi backing either. They back tons of shit in the US. It just has an 'arena football' kind of feel to it that makes me tend to be disinterested. I get it more for guys like DJ and (especially) Phil who are kind of on the backside of their career, but for the younger players it seems a little shortsighted. Nobody is offering me $50MM though.
    It takes way above average PGA Tour players 10 years to earn that kind of jack- and only if they can be consistent for that time. It's a helluva grind.
    If guys-especially guys in their mid to late 30's- are being offered $50-$100 mil legitimately you gotta take it. Screw the fans. It's your life and family.

He was great around the greens today. Makes a big difference. Nice 69

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    It takes way above average PGA Tour players 10 years to earn that kind of jack- and only if they can be consistent for that time. It's a helluva grind.
    If guys-especially guys in their mid to late 30's- are being offered $50-$100 mil legitimately you gotta take it. Screw the fans. It's your life and family.
    I’d like to think if I was making jk money, that I still would hold my ground. Saudis are terrible people, and just because our government decides to do business with them doesn’t make it ok for me. Again, not trying to say I’m holier than thou but jk is set for life unless he’s spending money like an idiot. How much money do you need

Kokrak tied 14th at -1. Some years that will put you in first.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    If they have little incentive to care about winning on the course, why should I feel excited about seeing how it turns out? It’s not competition as much as a series of exhibitions, as I understand it. I’d be more interested in watching Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers play vs Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen. That may just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I’d like to think if I was making jk money, that I still would hold my ground. Saudis are terrible people, and just because our government decides to do business with them doesn’t make it ok for me. Again, not trying to say I’m holier than thou but jk is set for life unless he’s spending money like an idiot. How much money do you need
    Not being a smart ass, but did you ask the same question of Joey Votto?
    If people are willing to throw Big Jack at me, why wouldn’t I take it? It’s business.
    Golfers are independent contractors with nothing guaranteed.
    If the PGA is taken to court over this, I’d predict they’d lose, but I’d like some of our Legal minds on here to weigh in. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 06-16-2022 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    If they have little incentive to care about winning on the course, why should I feel excited about seeing how it turns out? It’s not competition as much as a series of exhibitions, as I understand it. I’d be more interested in watching Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers play vs Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen. That may just be me.
    If it’s a lousy product people won’t watch.