Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Sophomore
    I could definitely see a civil war type scenario break out between the Democrats and the Republican. A lot of media driven hatred out there.

Supporting Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    First of all: don't condescend to me.

By nearly any metric America is working for the majority of Americans, and it working better than almost any other country out there. If people disagree, they should feel free to look for a better place to live. We have a lot of entitled people in this country who have very little perspective around what is going on in the rest of the world, and how good the quality of life is in America. My guess is that most of them have not really left a pretty tight radius around their home town. Things are very far from perfect, but are also very far from 'burn it down and start over'.
    Naïveté is a condition, not condescending. Our government is corrupt beyond all believe, and if you don't see that, you are naive.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I could definitely see a civil war type scenario break out between the Democrats and the Republican. A lot of media driven hatred out there.
    No, not Democrats vs. Republicans. They are the same thing. But you are correct about the civil war if things continue in the same direction. See Sri Lanka for a preview.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Is there someone we should call?

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    No, not Democrats vs. Republicans. They are the same thing. But you are correct about the civil war if things continue in the same direction. See Sri Lanka for a preview.
    …and yet, they vote so differently. Hmmmm

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Sri Lanka? Really? The US is not some third world shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    If people disagree, they should feel free to look for a better place to live.
    This struck me as ironic. If people disagree with the status quo, the United States of America is EXACTLY the place to be. There are dozens of countries you can live where you would not be permitted to disagree.

People seem to have lost sight of this fact and extremists on both sides need to temper their angst a bit. I understand the government isn't perfect and most of our politicians are slimy crooks looking out for their own best interests - that goes for both sides of the aisle. But taking arms against the government is not the answer. It hasn't been for 250 years in this country and I certainly don't want to see what this country looks like if that IS the answer.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    This struck me as ironic. If people disagree with the status quo, the United States of America is EXACTLY the place to be. There are dozens of countries you can live where you would not be permitted to disagree.

People seem to have lost sight of this fact and extremists on both sides need to temper their angst a bit. I understand the government isn't perfect and most of our politicians are slimy crooks looking out for their own best interests - that goes for both sides of the aisle. But taking arms against the government is not the answer. It hasn't been for 250 years in this country and I certainly don't want to see what this country looks like if that IS the answer.
    The only people that think taking up arms against the US government is a viable or desirous outcome are a bunch of keyboard warriors who have had their brains pickled by living online in their extreme circle jerk communities.

The internet has a lot of positive impact on the world, but enabling extremist to find each other and form an echo chamber for their stupid bullshit is a huge drawback.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    The only people that think taking up arms against the US government is a viable or desirous outcome are a bunch of keyboard warriors who have had their brains pickled by living online in their extreme circle jerk communities.

The internet has a lot of positive impact on the world, but enabling extremist to find each other and form an echo chamber for their stupid bullshit is a huge drawback.
    Well said, I have nothing to add. I just thought this was worth repeating.

Sophomore
    What happened Saturday in Israel perfectly illustrates the genius of our founding fathers in including the 2nd Amendment.

Would 1300+ Israelis died had they owned guns like we do in this country?

If Hamas attacked Texas or Alabama, do you think they would've seen the same results?

Only 2% of Israelis own guns. I'm pretty sure there are families all over that country that wish they owned guns right now. I wonder if their gov will loosen those laws now.

With Biden letting in millions of illegals from all over the world, including thousands from terrorists states, crime running rampant across the country, it's now more important than just about ever that Americans need to be armed.