Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    There is a reason suicide is not mentioned in the news... because they(mental health advisors) know that will only increase suicides.
    Huh?

The reason suicide isn't in the news is because the general public deosnt care when some random, single person commits suicide. It isn't news.

It is news if it is some mass cult like suicide or a celebrity suicide and is covered extensively.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Are we now really blaming the doors?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    The doors and the police. Both pretty low functioning here.

Jim Morrison has nothing to do with this. Probably.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Heard on the news that this kid in Uvalde actually stated four years ago that he was gonna shoot up a school when he was 18. That's just sick.
    Waited 4 years to legally buy it 2 days after his 18th birthday. Because he could. Stupid.
    Run the table.

Gun nuts and politicians running out of ideas.
    Run the table.

Manufacturer of that particular weapon has chosen not to attend NRA convention.
    Looking at their website, their weapons cost about $2000 each. And the guy maybe bought 2?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Gun nuts and politicians running out of ideas.
    Civil Rights violators and politicians are also out of ideas…
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Heard on the news that this kid in Uvalde actually stated four years ago that he was gonna shoot up a school when he was 18. That's just sick.

Why do kids want to shoot up schools? Because that is where they were bullied and harrassed. This Uvalde kid was bullied for years and the teachers there knew it as did his family.

The only answer I have is to provide more federal resources at schools (armed resource officers/security, safer doors, etc). Why send $40B to Ukraine when we should be spending this money here to keep Americans safe. Or maybe use some of that $40B on mental health facilities and programs.
    As I said.

This is the root. Always has been, but it's never addressed because people can't stand to deal with the fact that their children were terrible to people. It's much easier just to call them crazy.

Huh?

The reason suicide isn't in the news is because the general public deosnt care when some random, single person commits suicide. It isn't news.

It is news if it is some mass cult like suicide or a celebrity suicide and is covered extensively.
    You are incorrect. Probably before your time. Suicides used to be covered in the local news all the time. Then they found out that these individuals wanted the attention drawn towards their death. After organizing with news outlets not to cover suicides, the suicide rate went down accordingly.
    Balls of Steele!!