Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Move the voting age to 21 then. I'm fine with that.
    +1
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    +1
    Can we throw in term limits for US congressman?

Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    If someone is coocoo for coco puffs, yes, don't give them a gun. We don't need lawyers for that, even though they will start the spinning cycle of semantics just like the gun freaks.
    The problem is that information isn’t consistently entered into the national database that is used for background checks, so expanding background checks won’t necessarily prevent verifiable whack jobs from getting a gun. Then you have HIPAA laws that prevent medical professionals from disclosing anything about their patients.
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    The problem is that information isn’t consistently entered into the national database that is used for background checks, so expanding background checks won’t necessarily prevent verifiable whack jobs from getting a gun. Then you have HIPAA laws that prevent medical professionals from disclosing anything about their patients.
    Then someone fix it. It doesn't have to be perfect to get it started.

Implement changes and continue to make it better. We're way down the rabbit hole for anything to flip the switch and make this better right away.

As someone else mentioned, this is a multi-pronged problem. If people can't solve it by tomorrow, they give up and forget about it until the next one happens.

Implement changes and continue to make it better. We're way down the rabbit hole for anything to flip the switch and make this better right away.

As someone else mentioned, this is a multi-pronged problem. If people can't solve it by tomorrow, they give up and forget about it until the next one happens.
    Can you agree that if someone wants to Kill another person or many persons, they don’t need a gun to do it? Everyone thinks gun control or not selling this or not selling that or outlawing guns will stop people from killing others, it won’t. Guns are not the problem, people are and I am not sure how to fix that. Timothy Mcveigh didn’t need a gun in Oklahoma City to kill 168 people.

Yep, somewhere in the Country, some punk is polishing up his AR-15 checking out targets.
    2023 Sweet 16

Manufacturer of gun used in Texas shooting posted this ad on twitter the week before the shooting. Since taken down:

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Heck! The gun is free, as well as cocktails at the shooting range! That sounds liken a good idea, right? Cocktails at a shooting range?

But I don’t think anyone can convince me there is an excuse to have these assault type weapons available to the masses. The problem is how do we undo this? This is not what our Founding Fathers had in mind.
    Of course it's not what the Founding Fathers had in mind. When the Second Amendment was written there was no police and no military. Now we have both, with states having police, sheriffs, State Police, and we have multiple branches of the military. 2A is outdated and all the gun wackos constantly quote it, but I doubt the Founding Fathers would agree with them.

Agreed. The problem is the political leaders of both parties tend to only see it as one sided. For the Dems, it’s all about more gun laws and restrictions. Blame the gun, not the person who pulled the trigger. For the ‘Pubs, it’s an assault on the 2nd amendment and a mental health issue. Blame the person who pulled the trigger, not how easily he got the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Wasn't there a Law and Order episode once where they tried to sue the gun manufacturer after a mass shooting?