Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

I don't own a gun. I am surrounded by people who do, and I'm okay with that. I don't want to repeal the Second Amendment. I am probably okay with "common sense gun control" if anyone can tell me what the fuck that means, exactly.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Honestly, who hurt you? What is wrong with you that 2nd graders being executed doesn't challenge your conscience? You must have no family or friends, but it requires a bare minimum of human empathy to hurt for those kids and their families.
    There’s a political thread for this junk, which is what this is… politics. I have a family and two 5 year old twins, thanks!

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I don't own a gun. I am surrounded by people who do, and I'm okay with that. I don't want to repeal the Second Amendment. I am probably okay with "common sense gun control" if anyone can tell me what the fuck that means, exactly.
    How about a ban on assault weapons for starters? When I was in HS, literally a lifetime ago, people who got pissed off at each other settled things with a fist fight out back of the school. Now it seems grabbing a gun seems to be the default. People in the US are not more mentally disturbed than those in the rest of the world. Our, unique in the world, massacre problem is because of the easy access to guns...particularly assault weapons.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

What's an assault weapon? Sounds like something I would be for, but I don't know what that means. Was the gun used yesterday one?

A quick internet search tells me an AR-15 is NOT an assault weapon.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 05-25-2022 at 10:26 AM.

What's an assault weapon? Sounds like something I would be for, but I don't know what that means. Was the gun used yesterday one?

A quick internet search tells me an AR-15 is NOT an assault weapon.
    Yes. Link: https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/us/uv...now/index.html
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

The Hill calls it an assault rifle in the headline, but I'm pretty sure the Hill is wrong on this. We need to tighten up the definition and make sure the AR-15 is included or widen any legislation beyond assault weapons.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/21/defi...ous-issue.html

The Hill calls it an assault rifle in the headline, but I'm pretty sure the Hill is wrong on this. We need to tighten up the definition and make sure the AR-15 is included or widen any legislation beyond assault weapons.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/21/defi...ous-issue.html
    How about the CNN link, with pictures? Still think that the rifle wasn't an assault weapon? This isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    How about the cnn link, with [pictures? Still think that the rifle wasn't an assault weapon?
    Yes, I think an AR-15 is in many (legal) contexts not considered an assault weapon, so people shouldn't push for a sloppy "assault weapon" ban and pat themselves on the back for "doing something". Let's make sure at the very least that AR-15s are either covered under a ban or there are very strict requirements for getting one.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    There’s a political thread for this junk, which is what this is… politics. I have a family and two 5 year old twins, thanks!
    Could you please stop referring to the murder of 19 grade schoolers as junk? You come off as a psychopath and asshole.

Also, for all those running logic loops around why gun control won't work. Please read the original post again. There are dozens of countries with similarities to the US in everything but gun ownership. And guess what? Their grade schools are safe from psychopaths murdering children. I thank God I was born in this country, but there quite a few I wish I had been born in instead.

We're the only country with a Second Amendment for better and worse.