Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kosy Akametu

Sophomore

Kosy Akametu

Class of 2022 6’5 SG was offered by Xavier a couple of days ago. I always wonder how these recruits slip through the cracks. Especially with social media and the rise of AAU.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Class of 2022 6’5 SG was offered by Xavier a couple of days ago. I always wonder how these recruits slip through the cracks. Especially with social media and the rise of AAU.
    2022? I thought X was looking for improving 2023/2024 classes. He has had multiple offers from mid majors.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Read an article that his dad didn’t let him play high school and aau most of his junior year because he got a D in algebra. Then the following year was basically lost due to Covid. Played Prep this past year and is apparently playing at a high level. Very athletic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DraftExpr...48099107954691

From what I've read XJ has it pretty much correct. He only has about 5 offers presently and X is far and away the highest level school that has offered. He is pretty much an unknown by many. I thought that X was finished with the 2022 class, but it looks like Miller wants to use the last scholarship if he can find someone he thinks is worth it.

"I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I like the guys dad for sure
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    In Sean We Trust
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    No doubt!

Is there any guidelines on playing AAU? Seems like he is a senior and they normally don’t play. Is that because most are signed or because of rules?

Sounds like his father and Sr. Rose will get along real well.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg