Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Huggins wasn't so bad when he first got to UC but then he started throwing all of his players under the bus after every loss and sometimes wins. That got old.
    Balls of Steele!!

Post 1996 or so, Huggs went to around 7 years straight exiting the NCAA Tourney in first round losses.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Post 1996 or so, Huggs went to around 7 years straight exiting the NCAA Tourney in first round losses.
    He did have a lot of early exits for a stretch but in 2000 they made it the 2nd round for sure where they then lost in the 2nd round without Kenyon Martin.

I don't think they would have won it all like they all claim they would have but they probably make a deeper run with Martin.

The number 1, 2 (UC), and 3 seeds in their region all lost in the 2nd round that year. #8 seed UNC came out of the region.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 05-23-2022 at 01:28 PM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

They weren't even good enough to beat a terrible Xavier team that year. And they were going to win it all? Nah.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Post 1996 or so, Huggs went to around 7 years straight exiting the NCAA Tourney in second round losses.
    Fixed that for you. Mick Cronin (during his UC career, at least) learned from the master.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Fixed that for you. Mick Cronin (during his UC career, at least) learned from the master.
    Speaking of our old Leprechaun pal, what's the consensus on Cronin now that he has a Final 4 at UCLA under his belt, and what not, I still think he's an average coach at best, still was shocked that UCLA hired him (though I guess it looks like a good hire now)... I don't know how to feel about him other than I dislike him, a lot.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Speaking of our old Leprechaun pal, what's the consensus on Cronin now that he has a Final 4 at UCLA under his belt, and what not, I still think he's an average coach at best, still was shocked that UCLA hired him (though I guess it looks like a good hire now)... I don't know how to feel about him other than I dislike him, a lot.
    I don't care about Mick one way or the other. It appears he's a pretty good coach, when surrounded by talent. He's not a factor for X, so why even pay attention to him ?

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I don't care about Mick one way or the other. It appears he's a pretty good coach, when surrounded by talent. He's not a factor for X, so why even pay attention to him ?
    Haha great point, and honestly I don't pay attention to him which is why I was just kind of curious in general. I do think there's a possibility he becomes a factor for X in recruiting battles if Coach Miller elevates us to the spot where we all think he's going to, but that's just guessing on my behalf.