Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    In general, Xavier has always done well against Bob Huggins coached teams. I believe Huggs still has a losing record against Xavier, for his career. He has been a fun villain over the years.
    It didn't start that way against Huggins. He was 5-2 against Xavier in his first 7 seasons at UC; he could just as easily have been 7-0 if not for a pair of miracle wins by Xavier at the Gardens. Fast forward to Lenny Brown's Shot and he's 3-7 against Xavier afterwards if you also count his time at Kansas State (a loss at USBank Arena) and West Virginia (2008 Sweet 16). He never played Xavier while he was coaching at Akron.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    In general, Xavier has always done well against Bob Huggins coached teams. I believe Huggs still has a losing record against Xavier, for his career. He has been a fun villain over the years.

All that aside, dude is one of the best coaches of his era. His players all love him and he is about to be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in September. After a couple hours of jeering the old man, I think it would be kind of cool to give him an ovation. Might be the last time he coaches against us.
    Gross.

I am not denying he is a good coach but standing ovation? To Bob Thuggins?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    I知 with you nuts. It would be nice for fans to keep it classy. He hasn稚 been at UC for years, the DUI thing has run its course, and he痴 one of the best to ever coach. At some point it looks a little silly to be haters.
    I would buy this argument much easier for some of the great former XU coaches who some hold such ill will for around here. (Myself included).
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    In truth, the level Huggins took UC to significantly helped Xavier. The better they were, the better beating them was. He's not who he was so hating him now is silly. He was good fur the rivalry and for X in the long term.
    Oh, he was great for the rivalry. I thought him leaving was going to severely hamper it. Mick more than made up for it though with his little man antics.

Bob Huggins is an ass clown who should be jeered, booed and generally harassed from the minute he enters Cintas until he leaves. Being a good coach doesn't make him less of an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Bob Huggins is an ass clown who should be jeered, booed and generally harassed from the minute he enters Cintas until he leaves. Being a good coach doesn't make him less of an asshole.
    Saved me a bunch of typing

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Gross.

I am not denying he is a good coach but standing ovation? To Bob Thuggins?
    To be clear, my quote was "an ovation" not a standing ovation...and I also included "after a couple of hours of jeering the old man".

(shrugging shoulders emoji)
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I vow to boo him.