Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    I'm still just waiting for Myles Hanson to get his shot.....

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    I'm still just waiting for Myles Hanson to get his shot.....
    Ahhh man,
    THAT is an oldie but a goodie!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Wow, from what I can tell, you have proved to be someone that doesn't need to be "explaining" anything to anyone here. I am positive you are clueless and just weave together BS to look informed. I am thinking you are an arrogant youngster that knows jack shit.

Are you telling me, AND everyone here, that D1 Coaching Staffs DO NOT scout recruits during High School games? That's exactly what you appear to be saying. You almost seem to lack the very basics of the process, because that is TOP PRIORITY for ALL staffs to evaluate said talent and establish personnel relationships.

(waiting for you to shamelessly back track)
    Yet you are the one who thinks McMillan is a high d1 prospect. Just a question who was right here? Thanks.

I said it’s rare and it’s much more popular for them to go the aau circuit. Not that they don’t. And that was an explanation for why ja morant went unnoticed which is absolutely true bud, and why it doesn’t matter if McMillan was great in high school. If it mattered that much, he’d be going to a high d1 school.

the kids best option was njit. Case closed

Please explain all knowing one, a realistic reason for why he went to njit other than he isn’t that good in the peoples eyes that matter

Hmmmm.
    College coaches ABSOLUTELY scout High School games- in season when they have a weekend off, but also in these mega Tournaments like Fast Break to the Beach. I’ve seen Tom Izzo, Chris Mack, Dennis Gates and many other HC’s at St. Edward. One reason why Delvon Roe went to Michigan State.
    There are almost always D1 assistant coaches at high level High School games because they want to see A) How kids defend in a system, B) Court chemistry C) Playing offense in a structure.
    AAU absolutely does not show that. It is basically an And 1 tape of individuality.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Please explain all knowing one, a realistic reason for why he went to njit other than he isn’t that good in the peoples eyes that matter
    You appear to have some ADD bouncing around amongst the cement in your head.

I already posted my only explanation. It's entirely possible that he and his family aspire to something more than the toxic world of professional Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Hmmmm.
    College coaches ABSOLUTELY scout High School games- in season when they have a weekend off, but also in these mega Tournaments like Fast Break to the Beach. I’ve seen Tom Izzo, Chris Mack, Dennis Gates and many other HC’s at St. Edward. One reason why Delvon Roe went to Michigan State.
    There are almost always D1 assistant coaches at high level High School games because they want to see A) How kids defend in a system, B) Court chemistry C) Playing offense in a structure.
    AAU absolutely does not show that. It is basically an And 1 tape of individuality.
    In just 1 simple post, you nicely maintain MOR status.

I must, however make it clear that ALL serious Coaching Staffs are fully engaged and hands on. Never underestimate the power of creating a personal bond with the recruit AND his family.

This kind of comfort and trust is most effectively cultivated before, during and AFTER High School games.

What dumbass would think otherwise?.......
    Last edited by Xuperman; 05-13-2022 at 06:57 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    You appear to have some ADD bouncing around amongst the cement in your head.

I already posted my only explanation. It's entirely possible that he and his family aspire to something more than the toxic world of professional Basketball.
    However you want to justify being wrong buddy

Every kid has their own reasons for choosing a certain school. It’s not always all about the sport they play and the school having a program that will get them to the pros. McMillan was the school valediction and carried a 4.0 grade point average. He’s also only 6’2”. His list of final schools was not overly impressive from a BB standpoint, but had some fine academic schools. He seems to be really enamored with the NYC area and the opportunities that he might have there for business after graduation.

HOWEVER……with the number of kids entering the transfer portal every year now and the rule that allows a 1X transfer without sitting out, how much does it really matter where a kid goes initially? If he shows that he is good enough at NJIT to play big time BB, and if he has the desire to do so, he will have plenty of opportunities to do so. If he’s not good enough or has no desire to do so, he might well be very happy there for 4 years and have a great post college business career.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Every kid has their own reasons for choosing a certain school. It’s not always all about the sport they play and the school having a program that will get them to the pros. McMillan was the school valediction and carried a 4.0 grade point average. He’s also only 6’2”. His list of final schools was not overly impressive from a BB standpoint, but had some fine academic schools. He seems to be really enamored with the NYC area and the opportunities that he might have there for business after graduation.

HOWEVER……with the number of kids entering the transfer portal every year now and the rule that allows a 1X transfer without sitting out, how much does it really matter where a kid goes initially? If he shows that he is good enough at NJIT to play big time BB, and if he has the desire to do so, he will have plenty of opportunities to do so. If he’s not good enough or has no desire to do so, he might well be very happy there for 4 years and have a great post college business career.
    That sounds reasonable. And you weren’t arguing with anyone.

I don’t think that is how we are supposed to do this…….

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yet those same talent evaluators think very differently than you when it comes to McMillan. So I guess you are the one with cement in the cranium.

I already explained why morant wasn’t on anyones radar. You clearly are very behind the times when it comes to how players are evaluated and scouted. Ill give ya a hint, it’s very rare they are scouted while playing for their high school teams. Why would they do that, when they can scout hundreds of 4 and 5 star players at an aau tournament?

You can call me every name in the book that you want, but it’s very clear you don’t know how these things actually work nowadays.
    Well, there it is right there - first hand evidence that you're the one that's actually wrong (imagine that...):

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Hmmmm.
    Last edited by XU_Lou; 05-13-2022 at 10:02 PM.