Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freemantle

Freemantle

Glad to hear. Much relieved

Very good news. I’m eager to see what he can do with better coaching. He’s certainly got talent.

Quote Originally Posted by XU-PA View Post
    I was coming to the board to potentially start a new thread about Free and post the following link whith the picture of Zach shooting at practice. I assumed it was a pretty good sign he was sticking around. Seeing your thread when I got to the site confirming his return is even better. Thanks for posting.

Welcome back Zach!

https://mobile.twitter.com/XavierMBB...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Sophomore
    i felt for him as if you are 95% of your capabilities in the Big East you are toast and he looked like 85%. If Miller would simplify his game (I could not believe the number of dribble drives he would take from the hep or corner that ended in turn overs) and work with him to draw offensive fouls (Zach seems too proud to "sell it") i think he could be as effective as Nunge (going into last year that would have been a ridiiculous statement, not now). 13 p, 7 reb in 25 miniutes would be a home run with decent defense(not Rodman style but smarter). Nice to hear and does he have 1 year left of a year PLUS covid

He has really good potential. Miller has to find the right formula to motivate, mature and develop him. No more 3 PT's. Play closer to the basket and develop a more physical style of play.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    He has really good potential. Miller has to find the right formula to motivate, mature and develop him. No more 3 PT's. Play closer to the basket and develop a more physical style of play.
    I think you will be disappointed if your expectation for Miller is to have him have Freemantle shoot no 3 pointers next year.

Not that I disagree with you (I'd say less, not none) but I don't think that Freemantle will not be shooting outside next year.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I think you will be disappointed if your expectation for Miller is to have him have Freemantle shoot no 3 pointers next year.

Not that I disagree with you (I'd say less, not none) but I don't think that Freemantle will not be shooting outside next year.
    Ok maybe one every so often but he should never be sitting out on the 3pt line asking for the ball.

I'm happy to see Zach come back. Returning from injury clearly prevented him from reaching his best consistent ability last year and I'm excited to see him return to form.

For what it's worth in the last month of the season Freemantle went 7/15 on 3. The healthy 2 years prior he was roughly a 33 % shooter from 3.

With a new coach the roles of these guys and how they are used may be different. We're not married to the same rotations and positions on the court we've seen. But the best version of this Xavier team includes Freemantle contributing efficiently on offense.
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 04-26-2022 at 09:44 AM.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

An occasional one is fine. 1-2 game. Now, if he wants to shoot them at a 40% clip, Im cool with more than that.

More hoping he sees his value to the team being closer to the basket and places a much bigger emphasis on rebounding.