Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Glass half full, this is kind of the best case scenario. He went off, made a fortune, got in some trouble and came back to a bigger and better conference. He doesn’t need to leave for money, he’s set. I don’t blame young guys for wanting to secure their futures. Sean has done that. He turned down more money to take our job. The best jobs are the ones you love.
    Totally agree. I think we have Miller for the long haul. Fingers crossed.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    A key point to amplify here, based on your accurate assessment of Jay understanding that he could build his own dreams at Nova: he BEGAN WITH a Big East association when it came to taking the Nova job. Xavier lost Matta and Miller, in part, due to Xavier's affiliation with the A10. it's not to suggest that we can match crazy money or that certain jobs simply appeal to certain coaches (e.g. Mack), but the point is that we no longer have that problem.

More to the point - to your point - Miller now both "gets it" and he is back in the conference he grew up in as a player, albeit with a different cast of characters. If he can put up with the current state of things - and I truly believe he loves coaching that much - then we should enjoy having Sean for a while.
    Yes… and good point about the BEast association. I do think Miller has a much smaller ego than Mack. Had Miller been at X during the Mack years (when was in the Big East), he very likely may have stayed at X. I do believe he honestly felt bad about leaving X and it was a hard decision. Not so much for Mack.

Did you notice the comment Mack made on Twitter about Wright and Nova. So obvious he is making a play to let the Nova administration (and Jay) know he would be interested in the job if things don’t work out with Jay’s hand picked successor. Look at what he says about Jay and Nova’s culture. Such a kiss ass now that he needs a job and so quick to again unnecessarily make X look inferior. I am Soooooooooooo it was very clear to our administration that Miller was our guy ans not Mack . So much classier and genuine. I would have been sick in my stomach if he was being approached about the job and now I feel so ecstatic and hopeful about better days ahead.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachChri...76982462767105
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-22-2022 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Glass half full, this is kind of the best case scenario. He went off, made a fortune, got in some trouble and came back to a bigger and better conference. He doesn’t need to leave for money, he’s set. I don’t blame young guys for wanting to secure their futures. Sean has done that. He turned down more money to take our job. The best jobs are the ones you love.
    This statement works for Miller. Not so much for Mack who had been at X longer- was already in a great conference was making good money and even offered a bump to stay. It was even his alma mater. Screw him. He deserved to crash and burn. If I were Christopher, I would not even take his phone call.

I mean, I know I should not be so upset, since I wanted him out and anyway - It all looks to be working out in the end, but I just don’t want that prickly, “throw everyone under the bus to make himself look good” dude back on campus in any capacity. Let me just say that I am not at all surprised the players at Louisville turned on him and wanted him out.
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-22-2022 at 05:44 PM.

Just a guess, but unless Mack was very irresponsible with his money, he doesn't really "need" a job.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Yes… and good point about the BEast association. I do think Miller has a much smaller ego than Mack. Had Miller been at X during the Mack years (when was in the Big East), he very likely may have stayed at X. I do believe he honestly felt bad about leaving X and it was a hard decision. Not so much for Mack.

Did you notice the comment Mack made on Twitter about Wright and Nova. So obvious he is making a play to let the Nova administration (and Jay) know he would be interested in the job if things don’t work out with Jay’s hand picked successor. Look at what he says about Jay and Nova’s culture. Such a kiss ass now that he needs a job and so quick to again unnecessarily make X look inferior. I am Soooooooooooo it was very clear to our administration that Miller was our guy ans not Mack . So much classier and genuine. I would have been sick in my stomach if he was being approached about the job and now I feel so ecstatic and hopeful about better days ahead.

I think your reaching big time with Mack's comments. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he never wants to coach again. I could see it either way. I don't see his tweet as anything other than congratulating a former BE coach.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Nm

Supporting Member

Wow I’m not a mack fan but talk about a jump to conclusions mat. Geezus.

Wow. Quite a leap there pal. Reads pretty clearly to me as a classy and sincere congrats. BTW, if Chris were interested in the Nova job (which he isn’t) he wouldn’t go to Twitter to make that interest known.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I think your reaching big time with Mack's comments. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he never wants to coach again. I could see it either way. I don't see his tweet as anything other than congratulating a former BE coach.
    You know, I may have overstated it a bit in saying it is obvious he is making a move for the job. I should have said, “It sure looks to me like he is making it clear he is interest in the Nova Job.” That is my opinion.

Though, I do think he could have said, “Jay Wright has helped create one of the greatest cultures in basketball” instead of say, “No one in college basketball had a culture like Nova.” It would still get the point across without feeling like a he is making a slight dig any other school (including X). It is just my opinion, but I think he did that on purpose.

Supporting Member
    You know, I may have overstated it a bit in saying it is obvious he is making a move for the job. I should have said, “It sure looks to me like he is making it clear he is interest in the Nova Job.” That is my opinion.

Though, I do think he could have said, “Jay Wright has helped create one of the greatest cultures in basketball” instead of say, “No one in college basketball had a culture like Nova.” It would still get the point across without feeling like a he is making a slight dig any other school (including X). It is just my opinion, but I think he did that on purpose.
    Not sure I get your point. The head coach is responsible for the culture of their program, so, that would be him admitting he was no match for Jay…. Which is obvious but also not exactly selling yourself for the job.