Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    He will be missed. It was nice to have at least one Elite team we could count on year after year. I guess some other team will need to rise and take up that mantle for the league.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    He will be missed. It was nice to have at least one Elite team we could count on year after year. I guess some other team will need to rise and take up that mantle for the league.
    Nova will still be the team to beat. They have guys coming back and some talent coming in.

Sounds like he's going to stay on there in a special assistant role to the President.

I don't see Wright as a play by play guy and certainly dont think the NBA is for him either.

Of course, someone could offer 10 mil a year ad then all bets are off.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Would have been fun seeing Sean face off against him at least once in the Cintas but not to be. Congrats to Coach Wright on going out on your own terms and not doing a farewell tour final season like some have.
    Jay Wright has an ego 1% that of Coach K. Not surprised he did this quietly after the season was over.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Nova will still be the team to beat. They have guys coming back and some talent coming in.
    Yeah I dont think the concern for their program is immediate but there has to be some concern about the long term. Hopefully Neptune is the right guy to carry the torch.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I wonder how hard it makes it for the new guy, to have the successful old guy still on campus?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Neptune will allow for a pretty smooth transition. He was on the bench with Jay for 10 years, I think he knows the "Nova Way" (for lack of a better way to say it).
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I wonder how hard it makes it for the new guy, to have the successful old guy still on campus?
    My guess is it will be a lot easier for Kyle Neptune than it will be for Jon Scheyer. Just knowing what we know personality wise about the two coaches, I would bet Wright would take a mentorship role where he probably only gives advice where asked. I think it will be a lot harder for Coach K to keep out of the day to day at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Neptune will allow for a pretty smooth transition. He was on the bench with Jay for 10 years, I think he knows the "Nova Way" (for lack of a better way to say it).
    Probably not a bad thing either that he got a year away as the head guy at another school. Maybe it was even planned?

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Probably not a bad thing either that he got a year away as the head guy at another school. Maybe it was even planned?
    Probably was planned. Maybe not for sure this soon but I am sure they knew he would eventually be the guy. He did well last year too. Fordham went 2-11 in the Covid year and then he took over and went 16-16 and 8-10 in the A-10 in his one year.