Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    https://twitter.com/novambb/status/1...JyBRKUXeqx0KfQ

21 seasons is so impressive. Maybe more than the other accolades. The conference will miss him.

Let the bidding war between the networks begin to get him as a studio analyst.

All-Conference
    I'm gonna be honest - he's one of my favorite coaches ever. He was an awesome coach. Have always had massive respect for him and how his teams performed.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    He will bring a pretty penny with his well spoken thoughts and his good looks in a fine suit. He could make a fortune without all the stress. Seems like a great guy who deserves the good stuff in life.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I'm gonna be honest - he's one of my favorite coaches ever. He was an awesome coach. Have always had massive respect for him and how his teams performed.
    Totally agree.
    X A V I E R

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Would love to see him replace Lavin who left Fox Sports.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Would love to see him replace Lavin who left Fox Sports.
    On his own? I always thought he was pretty good and knew the Big East well.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    On his own? I always thought he was pretty good and knew the Big East well.
    He took the head coaching job at San Diego.

I liked Lavin on TV as well.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I'm continually impressed by the way Jay Wright was able to get his teams to play so HARD. And I can't recall another program where you see the players as effectively and consistently use the shot fake.

I don't know if it's how he trains them, or if they can just recruit guys who are a notch better than everyone else. But even when his teams didn't have those "complete" players to take over everything, the teams were so in sync that it was hard to knock them down.

21 years should be enough for anyone to say I want to do something else, but this move does really surprise me. It will be a huge impact on the Big East if Neptune can't maintain the same level of excellence. Especially if other Big East programs kind of stay at the level they are now. (Really good. Not great.)

Would have been fun seeing Sean face off against him at least once in the Cintas but not to be. Congrats to Coach Wright on going out on your own terms and not doing a farewell tour final season like some have.
    Veritas vos Liberabit