Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Draft

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

2022 NFL Draft

Thought it might be worth having a thread for any and all draft discussion. I love the NFL Draft, don't have the time I used to back in the day to watch it all, but in college I would watch the entire thing and love every minute of it.

Hoping my Giants can get one of the top 2 OT's at #5 and then at #7 trade down if a team wants to trade up for a QB or take either Sauce Gardner or one of the top DE's if any of them fall. Have to have an OT though.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

As a Bills fan, I like your odds with Schoen and Daboll in charge. Take one of those two early picks and get MORE picks. You have holes to fill, but some good ammo to deal with it.

I don’t know your roster, but focus on the key positions: QB, WR, LT, CB and Edge. Those are the 5 highest paid positions for the Bills. The Patriots, with sketchy GM Belichick, have LB (Judon, who is good), then 2 TE and 2 so-so WR’s as the top 5 paid positions. Not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    As a Bills fan, I like your odds with Schoen and Daboll in charge. Take one of those two early picks and get MORE picks. You have holes to fill, but some good ammo to deal with it.

I don’t know your roster, but focus on the key positions: QB, WR, LT, CB and Edge. Those are the 5 highest paid positions for the Bills. The Patriots, with sketchy GM Belichick, have LB (Judon, who is good), then 2 TE and 2 so-so WR’s as the top 5 paid positions. Not ideal.
    Yeah I have liked what I have heard and seen so far from both of them.

Giants good at LT, need a RT very badly. Need Edge, CB, and WR as well. QB, they are going to see what Jones can do one more year.

But yeah, lots of holes.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

It seems like many teams are passing (so to speak) on a weak QB draft for this year.

Of course, you see a lot "mock" drafts saying a lot of weird things - even "mock" trades. One had the Bengals taking Ridder at 26. Huh? This really put the mock in mock draft.
    Last edited by UCGRAD4X; 04-19-2022 at 08:45 AM.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

ESPN Draft Predictor Tool. http://espnsportsanalytics.com/

Tonight is the night.

Seems like one of the most unknown drafts in a while. No clear cut #1 pick, no clear cut top QB prospects.

Probably Walker and Hutchinson in some order the first 2 picks then who knows what direction Texans go at #3.

For my Giants my ideal 1st round would be:

Ekwonu/Neal at #5 (They like Cross too, I guess any of those 3 would be ok)
    Sauce Gardner at #7

If Sauce is gone at 7, then either Stingley or Thibodeaux would be good with me.

I would also be cool with Giants trading back from 7 if they could net a 1st round pick for net year. Not sure any teams really wanting to move up that far in this years draft though.

For the Bengals, I think they will trade back if another team is willing. If not,

1. DT Wyatt (Georgia)
    2. Edge Karlaftis (Purdue)
    3. CB Booth (Clemson)
    4. DT Hall (Houston)
    5. DB one out of Gordon/Elam/Hill

So help me god if the Panthers take a QB at 6, I will write to Elon Musk every single day begging him to buy the franchise from Tepper. I don't think they'll be that stupid tonight, I truly think they'll take one of Cross, Neal, Ekwonu (same spot as you here D-West) but there's a little bit of despair in me knowing how stupid it would be to reach on a garbage QB class this year...

Speaking of which, weird statistic that I heard, QBs are either drafted in the first 3 picks, or if not, they typically go after 18th (it was worded way more eloquently so I dumbed it down), I don't really see anybody stressing to try to grab any of these QBs, but I've seen weirder things in the NFL I guess.

Seems like a "Get the guys to protect the QB you will select next year" kind of draft this year
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    So help me god if the Panthers take a QB at 6, I will write to Elon Musk every single day begging him to buy the franchise from Tepper.
    He can’t do that. He’s buying the Reds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.