Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2022

Should have won. Just needed a PAT or chip shot FG. Didn’t deserve to win. The much praised o-line was a complete joke giving up 7 sacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    You can call me crazy and this line is far from perfect,but, I’ve said for a while Burrow thinking he can always make a play causes some of these sacks. I get his mindset but sometimes you have to throw it away and move on to the next play. I’m thinking was responsible for at least three of them today.

Thom Brennaman
    @ThomBrennamanTV17h

This loss is all on the Head Coach of the Bengals.
    1.Not a single starter on offense, including new OL, took a single snap in the preseason.
    And it showed.
    2. No challenge on Chase catch ?
    3. NO ONE was prepared as a viable backup long snapper. Lack of preparation
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

He’s not wrong.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    He’s not wrong.

Taylor nor many Bengals showed they were boy scouts. Ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBob View Post
    You can call me crazy and this line is far from perfect,but, I’ve said for a while Burrow thinking he can always make a play causes some of these sacks. I get his mindset but sometimes you have to throw it away and move on to the next play. I’m thinking was responsible for at least three of them today.
    I didn't get to watch the whole game (stupid NFL out of market availability) but from what I saw of it, Burrow didn't seem to have much time on a great many plays. I'm thinking this is more on the shit O-line than Burrow's decision making and extending plays. Those guys just flat out have to play better.
    Eat Donuts!

All-Conference
    Lots of coaching errors in this one. They didn't deserve to win anyway:

1) Lack of replay on Chase TD
    2) Huber could have sat on the bad snap and tried the kick again on 4th down - the whole reason you kick on 3rd down. If not, then just use 3rd down to get more yards to make it easier knowing you have the back-up long snapper.
    3) Punting with 15 seconds left on the game clock in OT - absurd

They didn't carry the game here; showed the Panthers.
    But I saw this picture, and was wondering why this wasn't apparently a touchdown.
    Did he drop it right after this moment?

https://twitter.com/AllenRamsey_DWC/...87769120497666
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Just when you think that the Bengals are shedding their Bungled history, reality slaps you right in the face.

Total incompetence from the coaching staff on so many levels.

Add to that a veteran (of 14 years) makes a blundering, boneheaded decision to not fall on a bad snap on 3RD DOWN and try the lick again on 4th down.

Cant make this stuff up and to make things worse......against the Stealers

The funny thing about not challenging the Chase touchdown is that the Bengals actually ended up in a better position because of it. If the Bengals had challenged and won, the Steelers would have been left with about three minutes to go down and score a field goal to win (whether the Bengals made the kick or not). Instead, the Bengals scored with two seconds left and the Steelers wouldn't have been able to do anything had Drew Sample blocked properly.

As for the argument that they should have played the starters more in the preseason, I think we have to wait and see how that plays out. As of last season, there is an extra week in the season and an extra team in the playoffs. I'd rather them be at their best in Week 18 (and beyond) instead of Week 1. Last year the two #1 seeds flamed out in their first playoff games while two teams that are getting roasted for not playing their players in the pre-season, the Rams and Bengals, fared pretty well.