Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sophomore

Hard to believe that if Naj stayed he (like Paul) would have played this year

He is playing well and did carry us for a while (i know there was much bad with the good) https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pe...-naji-marshall
    Kind of like we forget Edmund Sumner would have been starting guard against FSU in 2018 if he stayed..certainly a different outcome. For some reason Villanova players do stay.
    I am not a long time fan (first recall the playin game 2014 against NC State when first daughter started at X) but i have seen a lifetime of basketball drama over the past 8 years.

And if Semaj would have stayed he would have been on the 2015-16 that had a 2 seed.. if Derrick Brown would have stayed he would have been on the 2010 Sweet 16 team.. ifs and buts are candy and nuts.. Overall I think its an overall positive to have guys leave and go pro for exposure to recruits.

Sophomore
    yes and it their life and all seem to do well. I dont remember Villanova losing anyone early thought ( i could be mistaken). Even Jalen could have been on the Elite Eight team. I enjoy every minute (even if my blood pressure goes through roof) and would rather follow one team i care for .

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    yes and it their life and all seem to do well. I dont remember Villanova losing anyone early thought ( i could be mistaken). Even Jalen could have been on the Elite Eight team. I enjoy every minute (even if my blood pressure goes through roof) and would rather follow one team i care for .
    Villanova NBA draft picks who didn't use all of their eligibility since 2018:

Omari Spellman (freshman, 2018)
    Donte DiVincenzo (sophomore, 2018)
    Mikal Bridges (junior, 2019)
    Saddiq Bey (sophomore, 2020)
    Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (sophomore, 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by webxu View Post
    And if Semaj would have stayed he would have been on the 2015-16 that had a 2 seed.. if Derrick Brown would have stayed he would have been on the 2010 Sweet 16 team.. ifs and buts are candy and nuts.. Overall I think its an overall positive to have guys leave and go pro for exposure to recruits.
    It didn’t work out as well for D Brown in the NBA as he thought it would. He seemed to be okay with how things played out, but I can’t help but think that had Sean stayed at X, then D Brown would have stayed. Then, X would have had a very good chance of getting to their first Final 4 that next year.

So X could have had a team make it to the Final Four (or gone further) and D Brown would have had another year of experience before getting draft, would have likely been a lottery pick and would have been a bit more ready to play at the next level.
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-14-2022 at 01:12 PM.

Junior
    The best place for Derrick Brown to improve his career at that point would have been the NBA, IMO. Though maybe not in Charlotte. That said, I don't think the number of players who could be NBA rotation guys who aren't due to Circumstances is all that large.

Sophomore
    thanks, it seems to be trending p..was not aware that Bridges left early.. I just read that he did not miss a game in college and now 4 years in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by HomerCecil View Post
    Villanova NBA draft picks who didn't use all of their eligibility since 2018:

Omari Spellman (freshman, 2018)
    Donte DiVincenzo (sophomore, 2018)
    Mikal Bridges (junior, 2019)
    Saddiq Bey (sophomore, 2020)
    Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (sophomore, 2021)
    I hope Moore has a full recovery, and then I hope he joins that list.
    X A V I E R

And if my Aunt had a set of balls, she would be my uncle...
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    And if my Aunt had a set of balls, she would be my uncle...
    Not if she still identified as your Aunt. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.