Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Tyler Mahle appears to be hurt. The Tribe's fortunes improve.
    Votto to be shut down with rotator cuff surgery Friday.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

There go the Reds' playoff hopes!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Tyler Mahle appears to be hurt. The Tribe's fortunes improve.
    We know you really meant the White Sox.

Sophomore
    Reds had the worst attendance since 1984. Season attendance is 1 million less than in 2015. The reds also lost 100 games for the first time since 1982.
    https://local12.com/sports/reds/losi...mlb-losses-100
    Last edited by Xavgrad08; 10-05-2022 at 08:53 PM.

When I grew up in the 80's the Big Red Machine had just had it's window of success. I assumed, as a teen, that the Reds must have ALWAYS been good, and the mid 70's was representative of the occasional dominance they experienced over the prior 100 years.

then, they STEAL the 1990 WS, and look like world beaters.

I moved to Cincy for XU in 1991, assuming it was a "baseball town" dripping with history and legacy.

I was pretty wrong. Cincy is a miserable baseball city. No offense.

I really dont know why. The fans sure seem invested (or did at the time). But the team just cannot seem to stretch together any prolonged success.

What is the cause of all of this?

The Seitz Decision 1975
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    When I grew up in the 80's the Big Red Machine had just had it's window of success. I assumed, as a teen, that the Reds must have ALWAYS been good, and the mid 70's was representative of the occasional dominance they experienced over the prior 100 years.

I moved to Cincy for XU in 1991, assuming it was a "baseball town" dripping with history and legacy.

I really dont know why. The fans sure seem invested (or did at the time). But the team just cannot seem to stretch together any prolonged success.

Many fond memories of the Big Red Machine. My first job out of college/service was with the First National Bank @ 4th and Walnut. Every day at 5, you could call down to the executive office to see if anyone was using the Reds tickets. 4 primo seats on the aisle behind the Reds dugout. I probably got those seats 30 -40 times in '75-'76. Went to all the playoff games and World Series. I had a great scheme for getting the playoff WS tickets. When they announced the mail in lottery, I bought the biggest, most enormous envelope I could find and put my check in it. Worked every time.
    2023 Sweet 16

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

"Where else are you gonna go" - Shit Castellini

All-Conference

Starts and ends at the top. Even though they will try, you can't run from the accountability of having a terrible losing franchise. There's no other answer.