Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Junior

Zags to the Big East?

Some scuttlebutt on the 247 board and twitter that a BE/Zags announcement could come soon. I don't think it's a net plus for Fox, but maybe they consider it a matter of prestige. Way late games when teams are out West, and all the Zags games way early when they are East. Plus the travel expense, but who knows ? Maybe it works.

Supporting Member
    Hope this isn’t true. Let that stupid program die.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Some scuttlebutt on the 247 board and twitter that a BE/Zags announcement could come soon. I don't think it's a net plus for Fox, but maybe they consider it a matter of prestige. Way late games when teams are out West, and all the Zags games way early when they are East. Plus the travel expense, but who knows ? Maybe it works.
    But you could do a 6:30, 9pm, and 11pm window for week day games on FS1.

I am all for it if Gonzaga wants to do it. It will suck for Gonzaga having to fly out here constantly, but that it their problem, and one they are willingly signing up for if they decide they want to join. For us it will be minimal disruption (1 trip out west in each sport) while adding a great brand.

So if they are ok with logistical headache, who are we to talk them out of it.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

That would be amazing. One of the top 10 programs in the country added to our already ridiculous league? Yes, please!

100% on board with this, if true.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

I'd be on board, but that would seem to be a crazy logistical hurdle for Gonzaga. This isn't football where there is 1 game a week for 12 weeks or whatever. That's a lot of travel for them, often with short turnaround.
    Eat Donuts!

All-Conference
    This is great for the conference - not so sure it's great for Gonzaga or their athletes.

What a brutal travel schedule for pretty much every sport. Is this just for basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I'd be on board, but that would seem to be a crazy logistical hurdle for Gonzaga. This isn't football where there is 1 game a week for 12 weeks or whatever. That's a lot of travel for them, often with short turnaround.
    This is why I’m skeptical, but I can see how they would appreciate the Big East, and they’d be a terrific get. That conference schedule would be a killer, but get you ready for the BIG DANCE. (Not the wee little dance we just won.)

The Gonzaga board rumors have this involving some MWC teams as well. If that's the case, I change me stance to eww, no, gross. Granted, a Xavier game at UNLV every year wouldn't make me sad.....but I really don't want our nice Big East being invaded by MWC cretins.

And Jeff Goodman says there's nothing to it.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...Er29MwRwwz0oxA