Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Health issues. I also think that Matta looks a good 10 years older than Miller. From what I understand his health issues at OSU weren't really the kind of thing that 'goes away', you just learn to live with it and deal with flare ups from time to time.

Thad's issues were severe enough that 5 years ago he stepped away from coaching and stayed away for 5 years. That's a long sabbatical. Miller stepped away from coaching for 1 year and was chomping at the bit to get back the whole time. It appears that Miller has more energy available to put into coaching.
    I saw a few articles mention that he's not been interested in coaching recently. It'll be interesting to see if he actually coaches like a motivated coach or if it ends up being the basketball equivalent of Tubberville to UC.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblue View Post
    I saw a few articles mention that he's not been interested in coaching recently. It'll be interesting to see if he actually coaches like a motivated coach or if it ends up being the basketball equivalent of Tubberville to UC.
    Or Tay Baker to X.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Anticipation for next year is keeps growing.

Soon after final tonight I expect news about
    assistant hires and player movement to begin to ramp up…
    And then news about Mack being hired to takeover at Georgetown and Gillen replacing Mike Anderson at St. John’s. Why not? Then we can really prove - once and for all - who is the best coach X ever had.
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-04-2022 at 11:23 AM.

Greg Oden could be a part of Matta's staff at Butler.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Greg Oden could be a part of Matta's staff at Butler.
    Gross. It would be just one more - of many - reasons to hate Butler and their messed up water fountains.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    And then news about Mack being hired to takeover at Georgetown and Gillen replacing Mike Anderson at St. John’s. Why not? Then we can really prove - once and for all - who is the best coach X ever had.
    Gosh, that would be fun to see. Maybe 75 year old Bob Stack could work at DePaul.

Gillan to St. Johns would be great, although not sure he'd want to try at this point in life.

Mack at Georgetown would be an upgrade and a program with the history he'd probably like in a job. Although there were issues, his work at Louisville wasn't really that bad, so I wonder if the relationship was just too damaged from how everyone dealt with the Dino Gaudio incident.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Gosh, that would be fun to see. Maybe 75 year old Bob Stack could work at DePaul.

Gillan to St. Johns would be great, although not sure he'd want to try at this point in life.

Mack at Georgetown would be an upgrade and a program with the history he'd probably like in a job. Although there were issues, his work at Louisville wasn't really that bad, so I wonder if the relationship was just too damaged from how everyone dealt with the Dino Gaudio incident.
    By many accounts Chris Mack has been a megadouche for nearly all his life, so I imagine that throughout the Dino situation he probably did a number of things that didn't exactly endear him to the administration. The biggest problem was obviously that he completely lost the team in almost unbelievable fashion. I'm not sure what exactly led to that, but he may have survived had that never happened. We will never know.
    Eat Donuts!