Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Wherever he ends up next year, he took the time to post this late last night:

https://twitter.com/zachfreemantle/s...30307544600577
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Also, graphic on ESPN's main page under the video of Nunge's last shot:

Jack Nunge's go-ahead hook shot seals first NIT championship for Xavier
    Really?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Wherever he ends up next year, he took the time to post this late last night:

https://twitter.com/zachfreemantle/s...30307544600577

I like seeing the love people are showing him! Congrats to Free and entire team!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    Completely disagree. Yes, its the NIT. At the beginning of the season and, even just a few games ago, no one among us (most of all, this team) wanted to be here. But, the young men, as a group, sucked it up and played together in a manner they have not previously (or, at least, for many games).

The players and coaches in the team photo (with the very conspicuous absence of Free) clearly are celebrating a real victory. And they should so do, without any of us----who didn't play, who didn't endure their disappointment, who weren't booed or had to watch their home crowd leave games early----belittling their accomplishment.

We didn't make the Big Dance. We didn't deserve to be in the show. But, none of our players or coaches sulked. They moved on in the best way they could. They accepted the opportunity to keep playing.

There is nothing shameful about their NIT victory. What is shameful is those on this board who disparage the effort, discipline and maturity it took this group to pull together after a hugely disappointing season. They were knocked down, in a humiliating manner, but rose off the canvas and came back in spectacular manner.

Congrats to this team!
    These X players and this coaching staff stepped up and truly did the best they could with the situation. They won every single game in the tournament. They beat a team in the Championship game that very likely should have been in the dance.I love the heart of this team and Jonas and his staff. They deserve nothing but praise. Great job to our Musketeers! I am damn proud of you all!

oh and Free is in the the back of photo (being mostly blocked by Stanley).
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-01-2022 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Free is in the the back of photo (being mostly blocked by Stanley).
    If Stanley can block out so well, why didn't Steele play him more???
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Gotta fight through that screen!! LOL
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Because he's only blocking out Free.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Sophomore
    i look at this game like a round of 32 game trying to make the 2nd week. Our NIT champ is like a sweet 16 in some respects(you only need to win 2 games in NCAA we won 5). It is almost like an ex champ going on the tennis or golf Challenger circuit to build our way back up. I think we are a top 25 team now and would not have dreamed that 3 weeks ago. I pray Free is back as he made adjustments(maybe forced) where he is now a productive player without being a focal point of offense (few big men are anymore..not even Timme/Cockburn etc) the game had changed in 2 years

Good question.
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-01-2022 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    I think we are a top 25 team now and would not have dreamed that 3 weeks ago. I pray Free is back as he made adjustments(maybe forced) where he is now a productive player without being a focal point of offense (few big men are anymore..not even Timme/Cockburn etc) the game had changed in 2 years
    Crossing my fingers they all come back. They have very good chemistry now. The are like brothers. It would be a shame for them to split up.

Come on back fellas! This year the NIT championship. Next year the NCAA championship.