Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I think Miami, and most schools in their shoes, would be thrilled to get Steele. Yeah, he wasn't up to X's standards, but then again we are a bit unreasonable (deservedly so). He still had his teams ranked most years, recruited at a high level, ran a clean program, but just choked down the stretch under the pressure of the Big East. Seems like a no brainer to take that risk at a school like Miami, especially given his age.
    As a recruiting assistant I agree...but as a head coach? the guy was a disaster and has zero system, and is rumored to not listen to people who are far more knowledgeable in the game than in analytic bs. He needs to go to X and O school before anyone should ever consider him for the big chair

How about an assistant at IU? Lots of ties there…

Junior
    Miami might be perfect. Low stress, very modest expectations. Have a couple decent years, playing against MAC schools would be a picnic, compared to his last 4 years. Sounds like a perfect job for someone to spend a couple years getting his career turned around.

Steele CAN recruit. If he can get some quality players at Miami, he could do some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Built in 1968. One year before VD opened the Dump. The problem for both schools is that was a time of orange shag carpeting and Laugh-In on television - psychedelic and crappy architecture where putting "lipstick on a pig" could not be more accurate.
    UD has actually done some big upgrades to UD Arena. They finally have a real scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    UD has actually done some big upgrades to UD Arena. They finally have a real scoreboard.
    It still looks like something that was built in the 60’s. The crappy seating and classless fans remain the same.
    X A V I E R

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    As a recruiting assistant I agree...but as a head coach? the guy was a disaster and has zero system, and is rumored to not listen to people who are far more knowledgeable in the game than in analytic bs. He needs to go to X and O school before anyone should ever consider him for the big chair
    Meh. I think he can out recruit most in a mid major conference. That doesn’t guarantee success but it’s a major part. In the Big East- everyone has talent. Coaching and player development is much bigger part. I’m glad we are moving on, but over the course of 4 years Steele was about 6 games total from making the tournament each year. I think he’d fit in well at a mid major.

I’m not talking basketball or program potential, but that’s a lovely campus. I didn’t appreciate it as a 20 year old, but went back about 15 years ago and really appreciated it.

Travis will find a nice landing spot, but the BE was a bit over his head the last few years. I hope he learns from that experience and grows from it. I wish him all the best!

The problem with Miami University is the fact that all of its buildings are full of Miami University students. That's a deal killer for me.

Selling Miami to a recruit shouldn't be hard. Don't even talk about basketball just talk about the hot ass chicks. Of course if that worked then Bobby Hurley would be ranked #1 every year
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield